New old DEs coming

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Kyhunter, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

I just purchased a minty almost NIB 30s Gillette tech and a 1960 superspeed, I cant wait for them to get here.

2. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Congrats! :happy088

Sounds like you made some great choices, I hope they provide you with many great shaves, and looking forward to reading how you like them.

3. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

I may be developing RAD, I saw a WWII GI issue in the box of the bay that peaked my interest. Not sure but i think it may have never been issued.

4. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Two great shavers, IMHO. I hope they each provide you with many great shaves.

5. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

Just an update. My goodies came in the mail today. They were the packaged with tender loving care and just as advertised. Paul B from Penn if your a member here Highest praise. My SS is an F1 code and works well and my tech has no code that I can find. It has a Paper tag between the handle and head advertising to use gillette blades. He even Packaged them with two minty Gillette Thins in a red and black paper envelope. Pics will follow shortly. Cant wait to shave with the SS. May put the old tech somewhere safe.

6. copierguy

copierguy New Member

It's hard to go wrong with a Super Speed......enjoy.

7. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

I have both of the razors you mention in my rotation, a 1960 Super Speed and an old, Fat Handle Tech with no date code. I've never had less than a stellar shave with either one.

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Soooo.... How'd the shave go?

9. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

The super speed was loaded with a gillette 7 am and a rich later of de verguld hand was applied and It was quite possible the smoothest non agressive shave Ive ever had. The superspeed is a winner in my book.

10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:happy088:happy088
    Good to hear!