New SE Razor - Rocnel

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Feb 2, 2016.

1. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

well looks like they are trying to stock up who ever vendor ordered in bulk after they took care of the European customers. I guess US customers will have to wait lil longer.

Its just how some manufacturers runs their business, I have nothing against that, but I have to admit I do lost interest for the razor and I might not buy it when receipt comes in. The more I think about it the more it make sense to me to buy when all cards are laid on the ground, what I mean by that is them introducing the aggressive head and mild head, introducing the titanium coatings and OC options. I rather buy 4 of them in one shot and pay for shipping once, if this never happens I think I got plenty of razors to shave with lol and yes of good quality too such as: Rockwell 6s, Fatip Grande and Gentile, Merkur Futur clone, and down the road I will add the new Razorock slant production version and the Rockwell T once they are available. So I'm in no rush as in OMG I need new razor..... Rocnel SE? sure but once all cards are laid on the table and I can purchase from them directly 4 at once in different options and pay shipping one time, other than that I don't need this razor and I lost interest for it.

2. fredtet

fredtet New Member

I ordered one from extrashaving today. Total cost including shipping is $39.64.

3. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

4. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

I am in Europe, and I haven't heard anything from Rocnel yet - We are supposedly last on the list of places to receive pre-orders (I was expecting it to happen somewhere between late May and the beginning of July). I was just wondering why they were so slow to send out pre-orders to people outside Turkey, when the razor is available online... What was the point of pre-ordering in the first place?
    So far I've only seen Turkish pre-orders being fulfilled + a selection of people from around the world (to create a buzz online I guess)

AGHisBBS and DaltonGang like this.
  5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I've been thinking the same thing.
    It's kind of a letdown to see the retail seller getting theirs before those who preordered.
    It would be nice if someone was brave enough to start a pass around with one of these.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  6. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I'll be in for a pass around like that one

AGHisBBS and Robyflexx like this.
  7. I have a question for the people who ordered from extrashaving.com, did they ship out your orders yet?

8. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

Rocnel mentions on instagram that they have completed 65% of the pre-orders and are increasing their production capacity.
    "pre-orders will continue to be sent in june"

Robyflexx likes this.
  9. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

I just checked with extrashaving and they`re sold out. I`ve been waiting since Feb. for some kinda info from rocnel about my order, no luck. It IS a very attractive bit of equipment. I`m 80 yrs. young and I ain`t waitin no longer, rocnel!! I`ve been using a 1/2 de blade with a 3pc razor, just to get used to MY own rocnel. Just got a 2pc and with a little twist, you can slip 1/2 de in with ease. Just be sure you have 3 "posts" instead of just the screw to guide you. The 3pc rigs are a little trickier. My first shave will be in the morning, ican hardly wait. Wish me luck and my best to all.

Bill

RyX likes this.
  10. According to their posts on Instagram, they will be available in June. I suggest keep checking extrashaving website every 2 days once June comes.

A lot of people who ordered 2 weeks ago will be receiving their razors during this week. I suppose some of them might not like the razor and may put it up for sale on various forums and ebay.

11. DaltonGang

So, those of us that preordered several months ago are just out of luck, and now have to order from this retailers website? I'm starting to feel like the USA preorders are being slightly ignored. This is making me lose interest in Rocnels razor, quickly.

AGHisBBS and mrchick like this.
  12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I agree.

AGHisBBS, DaltonGang and Robyflexx like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

I hear you. I was also approached to be the recipient of an early shipment to North America. Even had an e-mail conversation with Murat Usta about when units would be shipping early as an attention getting promotion. The last word I got from them was March 30th. I did agree to the higher shipping cost for quicker and tracked travel. Nothing since then.
    Seems they may have changed their minds about supply chain and distribution methods.

14. billdog2

I just Shaved with a new Hibco 2 piece razor, with a 1/2 de blade with satisfactory results. Loading is so simple. I`m just not interested in waiting until doomsday for something that is no easier to load. The Hibco may not be as "Pretty" as the rocnel, but what the heck, it works fine. All that`s left for me to do is pair up the proper blade(s). You guys can wait if you wish, but I`m 80 yrs. young, enough said? Good luck.

Sincerely, Bill

RyX and Robyflexx like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Still waiting.
    waiting.jpg

billdog2 and Robyflexx like this.
  16. Mine arrived today. I don't know why USPS was making deliveries today. My neighbor has his package delivered today as well. Very odd for USPS to work on Sunday.

I already shaved with my Slim today.:signs131:

17. billdog2

That`s a nice looking dog, as you may have noticed I like dogs(a lot) But as reality sets in, at my age, waiting has become a short commodity in this household.So ,with this 2 piece razor, loading it is no problem, and although the rocnel IS one fine looking piece of equipment, i believe in function over form, and actually, the Hibco 2 piece razor isn`t a bad looking razor (nice fat handle) and the knurling feels good. I was looking forward to a razor that would allow me to load a 1/2 de easily, I think I have.

Bill

mrchick likes this.
  18. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

never heard of usps forking sunday, weird.... pics?

AGHisBBS likes this.
  19. DaltonGang

They've been doing that for a while, around here. I believe since Christmas time.

20. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

They deliver Amazon packed on Sunday here. I thought that was an exclusive. It sounds like I was wrong.