New Stirling Gentleman

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Bobcat, Jun 27, 2016.

1. MetalHead88

MetalHead88 Well-Known Member

Ozark mountain from Stirling is probably my favorite soap. But with that being said, 2 out of 4 soaps that I've tried burned the hell out of my face.

All of them were great performers thoufh.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Redfisher and Robyflexx like this.
  2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Shaving Myth #47: Badgers are cream or croap brushes, boars are for soaps.......

The best brush for you to use on soaps, is whichever one you feel like using.

3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Agreed! Ozark Mountain rocks! :happy088:

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

was Texas On Fire one of them?

Redfisher likes this.
  5. MetalHead88

Nope haha. Sandlewood and sharp dressed man.

Redfisher likes this.
  6. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Those two are the most common soaps that cause irritation for customers. Sorry that made up 50% of your order. :( The dihydromyrcenol inthe SDM is an issue for a portion of the population, and synthetic sandalwoods are the same way. We're actually giving serious thought to completely reformulating our sandalwood. Shoot me a message if you ever decide to try another order, and I'll set you up with some extra samples to replace the SDM and Sandalwood so you can make sure it's the FO's in those causing you trouble, and not some other ingredient in the soap. Sorry again for the trouble!

7. MetalHead88

Thanks so much for the offer. I actually just put in another order a couple of days ago and it arrived this morning. I picked up the finest badger which I love and a sample of your barbershop soap. I haven't used it yet, but it smells incredible. Great job with that one!

8. Paul Turner

Is the Mountain Man safe enough in this regard, Rod?

Redfisher likes this.
  9. lance3114

lance3114 Member

Funny, I was actually going to email you on these two soaps. I have used several Stirling scents and only had issues with these two. SDM burns a little, sandalwood burns a lot. It kills me because Stirling sandalwood is probably a top 2 or 3 scent for me. I have used the soap and AS despite the burn, it doesn't seem to cause any redness or lasting irritation just burns when applied to face.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

10. MetalHead88

Literally exactly how it is for me.

Redfisher, ob1page and lance3114 like this.
  11. ezlovan

Supporting Vendor
    Yes. We've not had a single reported issue.

12. Paul Turner

very good Rod...thanks.

Redfisher likes this.
  13. Razor Blade X

Razor Blade X Active Member

@ezlovan if a customer wanted a super huge double sized soap order and double sized aftershave order could he get it in a larger tub and a 200ml bottle?

-DGriffin

Redfisher and ezlovan like this.
  14. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

Best samples in the business.

Redfisher, AGHisBBS, Bobcat and 3 others like this.
  15. ezlovan

Supporting Vendor

Sending you am email now.....

Redfisher, AGHisBBS and Robyflexx like this.
  16. Razor Blade X

Razor Blade X Active Member

Quite frankly, this is the hands down best Tobacco Scent on the market... The king has been dethroned!​
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Smooth, a little woodsy, warm, slightly sweet (not a sugarfest), a hint of smoke (but not ashes)... SMOOOOOOTH AS SILK! The KANG of Tobacco scents have finally arrived! Definitely the best original Stirling scent! Your a fool if you don't buy it! ​

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    brit, George X, Redfisher and 5 others like this.
  17. George X

George X Well-Known Member

I've been contemplating what else I wanted to try and couldn't make up my mind. Instead of settling on just one full size scent I went with 8 samples plus a Stirling brush...oh and 8 of the small tins as they are handy to travel with

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Me too. I just made a big sample order to go with some aftershaves and the Kong brush.

If I had enough disposable cash, I would have bought one of everything.

ob1page, Paul Turner, ezlovan and 2 others like this.
  19. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I for on think the new label is classy and I like it!

20. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I tried the glacial Eskimo tux today and found it to be fantastic both in lather quality and the amount of menthol. The scent is fantastic and it definitely chills you down. Another product I tried is the MITA bath soap. I'm happy with the scent and there's some menthol in there. My wife even likes it! When you consider the quality, the quantity and the price all of the products I've bought are a fantastic value! Good work Rod!