Newb disgusted looking for quality in the USA!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by joseywales, Dec 20, 2008.

1. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Theyre are also plenty of agressive gillettes. The 50's SS with the right blade isnt mild. Aristocrats are have a pretty large blade gap. No reason to discount merkurs. If anything, weishi is the lesser brand of them all.

2. goatshaver

goatshaver New Member

Can anyone tell me what TTO stands for?

I hate acronyms!

3. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

twist/turn to open like the superspeeds

4. goatshaver

goatshaver New Member

Thanks! I learned on one of those when I was a yungin, but I am strictly straights now for many years!

5. joseywales

joseywales Member

Sorry about that :rolleyes: I usally avoid them as well, or at the very least spell them out the first use.

goatshaver, you have a goatee, yes? If so, I'll take any tips you might have ;)

6. joseywales

joseywales Member

Can you give me an example of an agressive blade for the SS?

7. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Feathers are always on the agressive side.

8. joseywales

joseywales Member

Well, they're coming with teh Weishi, so that should be interesting. I think Wallyworld has some persona, so I might pick those up, then order a sampler online.

9. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Those American Personnas aren't too bad. The Feathers are very sharp, and you, oddly enough, tend to get a better shave on day two or three. Do order a sample pack, though. If nothing else, it gets you to focus and you work on your technique while trying out different blades.

10. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

Sent you a PM. Just to make sure you receive the info, I'm posting here. Send me a PM with your address and I'll put you a SS in the mail. Like I said, it won't be mint, but it will be a shaver and American Made. My only requirement; Pay It Forward when you can...

Enjoy your shave...:D