Newbie Checking In

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by BaylorGator, Mar 18, 2017.

1. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

After beginning de shaving about a week ago and joining B&B, my experience has been so positive, I'm branching out to the Shave Den!

ninjack, Zykris, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Shave Den. Yep, both forums are excellent. The respectful discussions here are like the ones on B&B.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS likes this.
  3. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Welcome from Al!

4. BaylorGator

Awesome. Looking forward to the camaraderie. My recent newbie post on B&B pretty much sums it up. I expect to find the same experience here, and repost it To encourage others to get involved!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    crackstar likes this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome @BaylorGator! I see you've found the Newbie Give Away & Welcome Center. If you are having any issues with your technique drop by and visit with the guys in The 30 Rule/Focus group. It's a gathering of New Shavers learning to use vintage gear & Vintage Shavers trying new razors. There's a link in my signature below.

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  6. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Welcome aboard ! Great people here!

7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  8. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den....... Both forums are great. Excellent group of gents on both sides. Have fun..... :signs046:

ninjack and lightcs1776 like this.
  9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

10. BaylorGator

Just curious for guys who are members of both forums, do you go to one or the other for specific discussions or types of advice? What's the difference, if any?

Str8on2 and RyX like this.
  11. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I don't. I really appreciate some of the off topic forums on B&B, but find both forums to have knowledgeable and respectful members, with the ability to discuss any topic in a respectful manner, especially when there is a disagreement, being most important to me. The discussions are often quite similar. I have heard if issues on other sites, which would make me hesitant to wander around. However, I really don't have time for more than these two sites, nor any inclination to connect on more forums. It's the same with the woodworking sites I follow. There are only two, and both discuss topics like adults, with respect for differences.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Str8on2 likes this.
  12. BaylorGator

I'm finding it a new and refreshingly civilized experience for the Internet!

RyX and lightcs1776 like this.
  13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

15. RyX

RyX DoH!

Since starting my Wet Shave Journey I've been a member of four other forums, and visited or lurked on a number of others. Occasional visits still happen but that's mostly doing research. TSD became my home for internet interaction in November of 2015. I find folks here more accepting of individuals personal choices. If you like Barbasol shave cream or purchase your favorite Artisan product by the kilo there's room for everyone here. Every style of beard reduction from disposables through straight razors are discussed. While some folks like custom acrylic handled badger brushes, others whittle handles from trees in their yard or install knots in vintage Ever Ready 400's.
    So welcome, pull up a chair. The waters warm, or if you prefer a cold water shave we have a group for that, too!

16. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Welcome to The Shave Den!

17. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Welcome aboard!

18. BaylorGator

While introductions are still happening, can anyone tell me how to check how many posts you have made? Some of the PIFs are pre-qualified by number of posts, and for the life of me I can't figure out where to find that information.

19. RyX

RyX DoH!

At the bottom of your post, click on your forum name. Works for looking at other's info, too.

20. BaylorGator

Got it. I had to click it and then click the window that opened, which is what threw me. How do I hide my date of birth? (sorry for the procedural newbie questions).