Newbie to the Den saying hello, happy Easter and happy shaving!!!

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Shoebooty, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Shoebooty

Shoebooty Member

Hello every one ....SHOEBOOTY the Newbie...in Florida, just found the shave den and signed up waving a hand to every one, I just recently found my way into wet shaving because of the high rate of razor blade cartridge prices being to ridiculously high, so i remember my dad always used his trusty (Gem Featherweight with the Bakelite white handle razor) that i don't know what ever happened to. So i went online and found one on eBay in v good condition for 10 bucks by now and know I'm hooked, now i look forwards to shaving in stead of finding it as a chore to do and I'm sure I'm not alone and it has become a fun hobby with using different kinds of razors SE & DE type of razors i have used the Schick injectors but it been a few years since i used one. the only kind i have not tried so far are the stra8 razor maybe when i build up enough confidence and experience i give it a try for now i stick with the SE & DE type safety razors. well every body catch you around the forums ...HAPPY SHAVING !!!

A Warm Welcome to all new and well seasoned shavers, I'm proud to be a part of a growing hobby for shaving and a love of new & vintage razors !!! ..........thank you & God bless.

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Welcome to TSD! Happy Shaving!

3. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

Welcome aboard Shoebooty!! :signs046:

4. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Welcome to TSD, I hope you enjoy your stay! :)

I went ahead and merged the 2 threads you started in this section, helps keep the place a little tidier.

5. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Shave Den.
    There is an abundance of information to be had here.

6. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Welcome Shoebooty. This is a wonderful community.

7. Badger-Face

Badger-Face Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

And have a happy Easter. From a fellow Floridian.

8. LookingGlass

LookingGlass Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD.

9. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Welcome, nice to have you here.

10. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Happy Easter an happy shaving to you as well.
    We're glad you're here…
    [​IMG]

Slow Joe likes this.
  11. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Hi Shoebooty, nice to have you here. Welcome to the shave den. Hope you like it here :)

12. Dr. Tim Wilkins

Dr. Tim Wilkins Active Member

Welcome! Happy to have you join us!

13. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Shoebooty, welcome to the Den. Happy Easter to you also.

14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Since you are new to the Traditional Shaving world, here is the advice I received when I started with a DE razor and so I freely give it to new users. The most important things in shaving are, your skin and technique. All other things fall in line behind those two things and to support them. Since the skin is a given fixed item, the next major item is technique. It is called THE 30 DAY RULE.

THE 30 DAY RULE is as follows: Find a razor, then a blade that will not cause issues with your skin (that may take a few different blades in a sampler pack to find a suitable choice or it maybe the first out of the gate) and select a soap or cream that is easy to generate good lather. Once you find those, and it may take a couple of weeks to find this combination, order a quantity of that blade enough for 30 days, and then spend 30 days using nothing else until you build up your technique. (Note that only one brand blade is used for 30 days after each blade in the sampler pack is tested to make the decision on the blade brand to use for 30 days.) The 30 day clock starts when you have the right blade for you.

After 30 days, change one and only one variable and work for another week then change another after another week. At that point you should be able to make better decisions because your technique is now in place.

This will help you to avoid buying too much gear and stuff too soon without having the technique down to enjoy it all.

This really does work.

Oh and one more thing ...

Welcome to the Den.

We know you'll fit right in.

So grab yourself a comfy chair,

and give our threads a spin!

Burma Shave

15. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

16. Shoebooty

Shoebooty Member

Thank you for all the warm welcomes and the wonderful advice,:thanks: I'm glad to be here and part of the Shave Den !!:happy093:

17. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hi! Welcome to the Den.

18. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Good to seeyou. Dive into the deep end of the pool, the water is fine.

19. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den! :signs046:

20. Tattoobob

Tattoobob Well-Known Member

Welcome