Nicks & Weepers

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by rmcintyre84, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Xcursion88

Xcursion88 New Member

a weeper comes out very slow, almost like a spot that isn't really bleeding but just turns light red very slowly, as there is not much blood. A full blown nick will even show through a good lather on the face. Again if the nick is not very traumatic it can be closed up with ice cold water immediately post shave.

Misphit likes this.
  2. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

IKR. Amazing how something so necessary is hidden in the major supermarkets and barely visible in the drug stores. Oh wait, you only need to replace them once in a blue moon, I guess the space doesn't turn over fast enough.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  3. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Really, he looks more constipated that sad, which is remarkably close to how I feel after watching his acting.

Kilgore Trout and SRNewb like this.
  4. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's probably it. I didn't really have anyone to teach me to shave. My parents divorced when I was 9, and my mother never remarried. My mother basically just handed me a razor and a can of cream and said "Go shave." At least she was smart enough to hand me a DE. So I'm learning a lot late in life I should have known long ago, including things like the styptic pen. When I cut myself before I'd just use little pieces of toilet paper. Stick them against the nick until the blood congealed and they stuck.
    Much prefer the styptic.

5. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

As promoted by Hollywood in ever movie that involves shaving. It shows how much has been lost today. I sure in the 50's and 60's any guy would know what that little white stick was for. :angry032:

6. Xcursion88

Xcursion88 New Member

real men rock the Japanese flag:rofl:.........actually forget all that. Nothing says tough like blood running down the cheek. So get a small cut, put on a dark shirt and head out to show the world just how bad you really are! LOL

Misphit likes this.
  7. DudeShaving

DudeShaving Member

I just started using a DE razor 3 weeks ago and have had 2 nicks. I used a styptic pencil and it stopped the bleeding. Thankfully I purchased the styptic pencil as part of starting my DE shaving ritual. It's incredibly inexpensive and looks like it will last a long time. The sting is definitely less annoying than cleaning the blood away.

8. Jim Bennett

Jim Bennett Member

Don't worry, most of the nicks will stop. You might get a weeper now and then but as your technique improves the blood loss will go down.