Oiling TTOs?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Shave Fu, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Marvel Mystery Oil will work in a pinch.

2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Epsom salt was the formula I wrote.

Mercury is poisonous, that one fell out of favor long ago.

3. Bookworm

But, it's the magic bullet for syphilis!

4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Life can be a matter of taste, choose wisely.

5. Bookworm

Vanilla and carob.

6. Shave Fu

Shave Fu Shavette Sensei

In deed, if you go to the british Amazon, there are EJ DE89 photos with all kind of broken heads, that are chilling. I am probably buying a Fatip Gentile and i am done with razors. It's full brass. Weishis are copper allow except for the doors, so at least it doesn't just break falling down. In my local Amazon, a guy with EJ DE89 reported that it broke from falling into the bath sink from 10cm high. That's ridiculous. And it's not just drops that kill zamaks. They also have the threading of the head fail, if you "overtighten" them. I mean, please!

I 've seen Weishi reviews saying that after months the doors wouldn't open. So better safe than sorry. I don't think Weishi builds with Gilette vintage quality standards.

But of course, what else! :rofl:

Don't worry. THAT, i get. It's the 50% of the other jokes in the focus thread that i miss. :happy097:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  7. 90quattrcoupe

90quattrcoupe Well-Known Member

When I get an adjustable Gillette and it is sticky, I add Kroil at the top, around the adjustable area, just above the bottom knob and in the end of the bottom. I put a lot of it in. A couple of hours later, I blow out the razor with compressed air. A lot of crap comes out. Then I use an ultrasonic cleaner, and blow it out with compress air. I had Marvel Mystery Oil. Works pretty good.

Greg W.

Shave Fu and RyX like this.
  8. Bookworm

It's amazing the amount of crap you can get out with an ultrasonic cleaner. However, I'm about to start just dismantling the razors, at least partway, THEN dumping the parts in the cleaner.

Shave Fu and RyX like this.