One Heckuva Shave

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by huck1680, Jun 7, 2011.

1. huck1680

huck1680 Great Northern CanUkrainian

Well... gotta tell ya. I really like Feather blades, so much in fact, they are my "Go To" blade. I use them in all my razors now, the one exception being the Gillette "Old Style". That combo ate me alive. Technique...right? I thought so too. So for todays shave I dropped a new Feather into my Red Tip and proceeded to have a nick/weeper free shave and done in 2 passes. Minor touchups not included. Hoowah..a great shave. Now I'll do the "Old Style" with the Feather again but pay attention this time.

Honest guys, the Red Tip plus Feather is a great combo. Very comfortable and no, I mean no, irritation....at least for me.:happy108

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    The Old Style and the Feathers just might not get along together for you, or it could have been a bum blade.

Worth another shot either way.

3. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Glad you found a combo that hits a home run for you. I've never gotten along with Feather's, just seem to irritate my skin for whatever reason. I tried them in 4 different razors over the course of 6 monts.

4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I'm probably like you--I've never found any blade that works for me in any Old type Gillette. They're too harsh and too nicky, no matter how gentle I am with it.

The NEW, on the other hand... :happy088

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nice! :happy088:happy088

6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

This is a prime example of YMMV. I've tried a few different NEW's and all of them try to eat my face. Vicious buggers. The Old Type is probably my favorite razor and I can get good shaves with a variety of blades. When first starting with OC razors, it took me a few weeks of daily use to dial in my technique with the Old Type.

7. Alucard

Alucard New Member

I also find the old type aggressive but it is my second favorite razor next to 34 Aristo. I use them both for head shaving. I would not put a feather in my old type though and I really have to pay attention when using it. Here it is...it's a single ring I had improved by cooncatbob.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

That is a sweet looking razor.

9. NoahG

NoahG Member

Sweet razor

10. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

I just said that. :happy102