One Piece Razors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jbcohen, Apr 7, 2009.

1. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I have eight super speeds pablo so I am very familiar with them what my original question is attempting to determine is what advances did the super speed offer over and above the aristocrat and it seems that I have my answer. If I might summarize what I have learned in this exersize is that the super speed was:

1) Offered the customer the ability to place a blade into the razor without ever touching the blade (not worth anything in my mind since the comaptible blades are not available);

2) A cheaper version of the Aristocrat.

Here is a seperate question altogether. Since I have eight super speeds at the moment I am very familiar with them. If I was to get an Aristocrat (which I might do) what would I notice as the differences in the Aristocrat? My opinion at the moment:

1) Better quality materiel (since it was the high end TTO)
    2) no center bar;

If I am wrong please correct me, I am attempting to learn things here.

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Depends on what Aristocrat you are talking about, but the TTO ones all have center bars. I guess I don't understand why you are expecting advances from the Aristocrat to the Superspeed? They were both offered at the same time. If you are comparing the two from the same time frame, the Aristocrat is going to be heavier, have beefier knurling, and be gold plated.

3. knlgskr

knlgskr Member

I doubt there were any, just easier/cheaper to manufacture; look at evolution of the three piece razors.

Richard

4. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I did look at the three piece razor of mine at home last night and compared it to some of them at mr-razor.com and look like the techs over there. I think that I have a much better idea of what it is.

5. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

This is my three peice at home. Mr-razor says that it s a 1940 tech. Mine does nto have the box with it unfortunately.

Attached Files:

6. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I thought that yours was an open comb?

7. Mordecai

Mordecai New Member

I'd say he's more than a little confused

8. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I thought it was, its a close comb like the one above. I thought it was a Speedway, its not its a tech. Its one of my better razors.

9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    As are we all...........:rolleyes:

10. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

So am I queen, so am I.