PAA Single Edge GEM.... Starling Razor.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Str8on2, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Just went on sale today Gents. $39.99 is a darn good price too....
    Yes, I'm weak.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    SHAVEWIZARD420, Enrico and Jorvaljr like this.
  2. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Unsubscribed

LevelupShaves likes this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Please, next time just let us know about the deal, maybe post a link, and leave all the advertising our of your post. Thanks.

4. Str8on2

I apologize. Not my intention. You can delete or modify the post as you see fit. Did not mean to break rules or step on anyone's toes. Again, my sincerest apologies...

5. swarden43

Technically no rules broken. Mybe it's just me, but I don't like commercials while I'm hanging out at the Den. An in depth review, fine. But to cut and past the sales pitch from the web site...

Apology accepted :)

Str8on2 likes this.
  6. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Thank you! I appreciate the heads up! Now to decided if I want to buy or not!! Ugh!!

Jim99 and Str8on2 like this.
  7. flintlock

flintlock Member

just ordered mine today! review to follow

Jim99, Screwtape and Str8on2 like this.
  8. Str8on2

To clarify, it was from an email flyer sent out to subscribers. I just copied it and pasted it here. I'm not promoting or pushing a sales pitch. It was just an alert for those who were interested. I have no affiliation with the business or any of it's affiliates.

Jorvaljr and Enrico like this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I found no offense in your posting. I found it very informative; I'm a big boy and can decide weather or not I want or need one. Thank you for sharing. :)

Jorvaljr and Str8on2 like this.
  10. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I got the same email. I'm torn between "I have enough razors" and "Wow, I want that!" Looks interesting, and I'm glad to see a new SE razor that isn't based on the Feather AC blade...

11. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I will be interested to see your review. This is the first Gem-style SE razor since Gem stopped making the originals 40+ years ago, and even then none of them were ever 3-pc screw together types. They always used some sort of flip brackets or lids or aTTO mechanism...

12. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I agree. I'm really interested in it but want to wait and see what others think first. I'd be more likely to get one on a B/S/T thread somewhere anyway.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Or you could just save money with a Gem or an Ever Ready. :rofl:

14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I actually got the alert this morning and went to the website. I put in my information and had the Starling in the checkout, then I thought, "Look, Jayaruh, if this is going to be a no buy 2018 you have to walk away. Anyhow, you have plenty of real Gems and ERs that need loving." I closed the window and moved on. I really feel better. However, I can still feel a little draw from this razor. I am sure many will be happy to add it to their dens. It's all good.

15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I failed already yesterday, by purchasing a vintage brush. Yes, I am weak, so weak. :angry017:

:happy097::happy093::signs136:

178-bplatoon, Str8on2, Jim99 and 2 others like this.
  16. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

That's great discipline, Jim. I'll make you a deal. If I end up buying one I'll send it to you a trial period. Then you won't break no buy and can see if you really want one down the road when.

I will only acquire one from a reputable B/S/T site. I'm not going to buy it new.

17. swarden43

@Str8on2 please forgive my previous curmudgeonly attitude.

18. Str8on2

Nothing to forgive amigo. All is good..... ;)

macaronus and Jim99 like this.
  19. swarden43

macaronus and Jim99 like this.
  20. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

OK by me! I went ahead and ordered one. A modern GEM type razor that doesn't cost $200 appeals to me. Can't wait to see how it shaves.

Str8on2, Jim99, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.