PAL injector adjustable razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Shave7, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Shave7

Shave7 Active Member

Dear Bird Lives,

I would be willing to do that, but how do I do it? I'm not greatly knowledgeable about computers. Can you walk me through the process?

2. Shave7

Shave7 Active Member

Post Script to Bird Lives,

I would think anyone on the Injector and SE Party thread would be reading this thread also because of its title, so maybe there is no need to send it to them. Whatever.

3. memoryleak

memoryleak Active Member

themba,

Thanks for this illustration. I compared my PAL adjustable to my Schick Grip (as I don't have an adjustable nor a Revere model :() and it as you say. I don't regret buying the PAL, I think it shaves closer than the Schick, but is certainly NOT as kind to my face and especially my neck as the Schick. That's why we have razor collections,

Edit, I stand corrected, shaved yesterday with the Schick Grip and it was closer and kinder than PAL (both razors equipped with NOS Schick Plus Platinum).

4. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Anyone at the Injector party is probably reading this now....But maybe a month from now somebody wondering why they don't like their Pal Adjustable goes to the Injector party and sees your post of how you found the right angle and now your getting great shaves...

Just go here: http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/injector-se-party.23113/page-41
    And make a post like I'm doing now...Tell us about what you learned from Themba and hit 'Post Reply'...If you have a picture hit 'upload a file' and follow the directions...

Have you been to the Injector party...? It's a blast! Lots of great pics...welcome to the party see you there...If you just want to hang and dig the pics, but don't feel like posting, thats cool...It's a party...Do what you like, just enjoy...;)

5. Shave7

Shave7 Active Member

Bird Lives,

OK. I made the post. Thanks for the idea.

I have been reading the injector SE party post. Marvelous. Rich mental nourishment.

6. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

Good on Bird... I was just going to suggest the same. The injector party is where the answers live! Ha ha ha.

Jim99 likes this.
  7. AwNix

AwNix Member

Another PAL Adj. owner here. Got it in a ebay razor 'lot'. Used it twice in 6 months or more. Injectors give good shaves but the long handles don't do it for me. Never understood why so many classic shavers like them. Short handle DE or SE always seems better.

burnout961 likes this.
  8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I prefer shorter handles on DE but on Injectors I prefer the longer handles. Must be the difference in razor head geometry between DE (rounder heads) and the Injectors (flatter heads). I like the long handle on the Schick Krona and maybe for the same reason of the flattened angled head.

Jim99 likes this.
  9. rube7072

rube7072 New Member

has anyone used VCS blades in the PAL injector?

10. Shave7

Shave7 Active Member

Hello,

What are VCS blades? Do you mean CVS blades? To my knowledge CVS does not make injector blades. (I think they did years ago.) At present I'm only aware of Schick (made in China) injector blades and Ted Pella blades. Both are fine in my experience.

11. rube7072

rube7072 New Member

thanks for the info..
    Now can you give me the web site where I can buy Ted Pella blades.

12. Shave7

Shave7 Active Member

I haven't bought any Ted Pella injector blades for quite awhile, but I'm 99% sure I got them from www.razorbladesandmore.com. They are labeled on that site as "Personna Injector Platinum Chrome blades" as I remember. They come in a little box that says Ted Pella on it. I understand Ted Pella is a wholesale name or a surgical supply site or some such thing, and the blades are made by Personna. If anyone can clarify further, I invite them to do so.

The Schick Injectror blades are available on Amazon.com. I believe both brands to be outstanding. The Schicks are Chinese made and Ted Pella Personna is American made.

Now our host, www.theshaveden.com also has a shop and they are deserving of our business, if they carry Personna Injector blades. Check out TSD shop.

13. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Ted Pella's website (link), not wholesale (at least not the last time I ordered from them)
    Scroll down the page to
    Injector Style, Stainless Steel, PTFE-Coated Blades
    Product#121-4 Injector Blades, 20 blades in dispenser $4.90

TSD Shop does not sell injector blades at this time. Thank you for the very thoughtful support, though. :)