Passing Wet-Shaving on

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by PadreTex, Aug 15, 2012.

1. PadreTex

PadreTex Well-Known Member

My son is a Marine (3/6, 2 Iraq tours in the surge as an 0331), now serving in the Air Force, and this past April I introduced him to wet shaving. He told me he loves it and will be shaving line this the rest of his life. I enjoyed buying him an EJ89 razor, an EJ badger brush and 100 Personna reds. I might have sent him a tube Bigelow cream too. It's a great joy to pass on a great tradition to our sons!

Falcon43 likes this.
  2. R33F

R33F Well-Known Member

I arrived home yesterday to find a package had arrived in the mail from dad. After catching up with the family I was able to sit and open the package to find a beautiful Gillette case with a razor inside. After studying the contents for a while I concluded the handle was not the correct one.

After supper last night, we got the kids off to bed and I was able to search the internet before ringing dad.

I thanked him & thanked him again for the gift, then let him know that the box, and razor and blades were from the 40's, but the handle and 1 spare blade was from the 60's.

He had mixed them up when he was cleaning them one day, a decade or two ago. :)

"We will sort them out next time you're down son."

So then we sat and discussed straight razors for a while.

I'm lucky to have a Dad. I'm lucky to have a Dad that can share & pass his shaving knowledge on to me, knowing I will pass that knowledge on to my son.

[​IMG]

IAmTheJody and Falcon43 like this.