Pictures of my new 1936 gold Gillette Aristocrat De Luxe

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by AwNix, May 4, 2012.

1. AwNix

AwNix Member

Picked it up for $44. Someone on eBay had it listed as a Segal because that's what blades were with it and the Gillette diamond logo inside the case is pretty much unable to be read except if you are familar with the logo/diamond shape.

The razor cleaned up very well. One of the end teeth is a little off but it it feels okay. The razor is 70 grams so it's on the heavier side of things. There wasn't any old shaving cream between the teeth but some under the head. It looks like it was left for a long time untouched. The used blade that was in it was an old Silver Star from the 1940's/1950's.

I'm happy with how it turned out. It's always funny using a newly acquired vintage razor for the first time and realizing it hasn't been used in 50+ years. Some other guys here have this type of razor.. it's nice to join the club! :eatdrink047:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pics from original eBay auction:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mark1966

Mark1966 Well-Known Member

For $44 this was a great score - WOOT WOOT. Seems to have cleaned up nicely too

3. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Really nice purchase there, AwNix. And, like Mark said, it seems to have cleaned up nicely.

4. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Yeah that's a sweet looking razor. And nice clean up job.

5. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

You get the gold star for that one..:)

6. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Congrats! I'm glad someone here got the razor! :)

7. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

A very sweet looking razor, it cleaned up very nicely too. Great score for $40, congrats:2thumbs:.

8. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member