PIF: Your chance to try a carbon DE shave

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by gorgo2, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Gentlemen,

They're on their way. They should make it with no problem but let me know if you've not seen anything in a week or so.

Enjoy, and don't forget the reviews when you've tried them all!

GDCarrington likes this.
  2. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Just got the blade samples today. Will try one out tomorrow. Thanks for supplying this experience!

3. trainer7

trainer7 Member

Just sent a PM.
    Your generosity is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Joe.

4. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

Id like to be in on this please and thank you!

5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I'll need a PM from you with your address.

6. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

Nice PIF gorgo. Looks like interest in carbon blades may be on the rise. I haven't used one for awhile due to the fact that I'm trying to use up three P74s that I have loaded in a couple of adjustables and a Tech. I'll be back to the carbons in a couple of weeks.

7. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Today I shaved with the Silver Star Ruridium that I received from Gorgo. I usually use feathers or sharks so when I tried this blade I was quite surprised in how far blade technology has come. The Silver Star was very course across my beard and very rough. Got a few weepers. I changed to a feather about 3/4 of the way thru and thats where I noticed the big difference in how the Feathers shave as opposed to the carbon. I appreciate the opportunity to get some of these carbon blades so I could see what the previous 40 years was like and for that, Gorgo I thank you. It gives me a real appreciation of our current technology.

8. ElliotR

ElliotR Member

Let me know if this offer is still open
    thanks!

9. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Thank you for sending . It was a great idea!!

10. red436

red436 Member

Thanks for offering this PIF gorgo. :) I'm interested!

11. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Gorgo, now that I've got a DE sharpener, I'd like to run some endurance tests between stainless and carbons. I'll send you a P.M. and thank you.

12. BossManBill

BossManBill Well-Known Member

Very interested. Never tried a carbon. Sign me up! And thanks for your generosity!

13. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I finally have gotten through most of the blades I had going in my rotation when I received this PIF, and so I was finally able to try the first blade from the PIF. I decided to try a Blade Man. I gave it a good go but it was to rough for me. The first shave was rough, the second was a little better, and the third was rougher than the first. I attempted to sharpen the blade after the third shave, and that did not turn out well at all. Stay tuned for further updates on the other carbon blades.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.