Pollena Lider Classic shaving cream - a great cream that is hard to find now.

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by crackstar, Aug 26, 2011.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

The first time I received this cream was when a nice young fellow who lives in Krakow, Poland sent it to me. Pollena Lider Classic is made in Poland, however it has become very hard to find now. Read this info:

Ease of lathering: 10/10--So little cream is required for a great lather which is so rich.

Stability of lather: 10/10--Excellent. Multiple passes are no problem.

General skincare: 8/10--This cream is good for sensitive skin. Pretty soothing, not drying.

Scent: 8/10--Nice. Lemony and a little minty. No menthol, however. (damn!)

Price: 10/10--Cheap as dirt. However, no box is provided! :happy102:

Would I buy again: 10/10--Hell, yes. It's an awesome cream for so little money. A super value.

Poland also makes some excellent creams, but the problem is, rarely are any of them available in North America. I suppose it's because of the lack of traditional wetshavers compared to Europe, and because the shipping to here would be so high. 280_74d7962740b7402c19845729db17bb17.jpg

alpla444 likes this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Is it still under production? It was not a good to me as WARS, but good nevertheless. It is a good value.

3. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I can't say for sure, but it appears to be*, at least from the number available from the seller.

*And I am in no way endorsing the seller, just providing a link.

4. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

HI jeff thats what I was using when i was in poland, I loved it really cheap!!! about 65p!!! with the exchange rate. I will be sending you some WARS made by the same people and some bond.

crackstar likes this.
  5. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Yes its still made it was in most shops in poland and still the lowest price.

6. herzi

herzi Active Member

Lider and Wars are both listed on the manufacturer's homepage. Also Brutal, but this one in a new tube.
    http://www.miraculum.pl/produkty/lider-2#

For me, I had the luck to get a tube blue Lider and a tube green lider and a tube Wars last weekend :D

crackstar likes this.
  7. Gillu

Gillu Member

Just got my tube from Krakow. Great stuff.

8. Archi

Archi Well-Known Member

Since 2007 Miraculum has rights to use brands like Lider and Wars. Ingredient list is still the same but the consistency and the scent are not same like it was when Pollena Uroda was the owner of this products. In old times Wars was more luxurious shaving cream than Lider and of course more expensive. Now both products cost nearly the same (around 1$) but you probably already knows that.

Recently in Poland appeared Wars in new tube. According to my colleagues once again they change something. I haven't see this new one at my local stores so I can't confirm that rumors. Below you can see new tube. If you see such a tube do not worry, it's not a fake.

[​IMG]

crackstar likes this.
  9. crackstar

Archi, I have the older versions of Wars and Lider Classic and to me they are both great. I have no idea about the newer version.

10. crackstar

Stefan, leider bin ich mit Brutal nicht vertraut. Ich probierte es nicht.