POLSILVER Super Iridium

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Dave Paskowski, Aug 21, 2013.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Polsilver are becoming my favorite blade.

RyX, Zykris, BigMark83 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I really like the older Polsilver blades. Also the older Super Iridiums. In my honest opinion, the old school blades are far superior in quality. These blades have given me 5 to 10 shaves consistently, while their modern counterpart only gives me 3 or 4. And the Shave quality is better too.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Two shaves so far with the PolSilver.
    BBS for both. Typical Russian steel shaves. That is all.

4. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

These guys are still selling the Super Iridiums...

http://www.polsilver-blades.com/

...and free world-wide shipping. And they're still running the "yup, they're being discontinued" scare tactic. I bought 200 for $35 last year, and they've gone up to $38 (you can get quantities from 50 to 1600). Good blades.

5. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

A PSI in a Schick Krona was a terrible match for me, very harsh and uncomfortable. In a Blackbird, it was heavenly. For me, the PSI works best in a more aggressive shaver.

Just thinking out loud here...

RyX likes this.
  6. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Polsilver SI are my top blades. You can get them almost anywhere. West Coast Shaving and Maggard are two sources that always have them in stock. I purchased 200 and rotate them regularly - although I also enjoy a couple other Russian blades. I usually use my Merkur 34c or vintage Gillette Fatboy. These blades work great in both razors.
    Top Three Blades.jpg

'65 G-Slim likes this.
  7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

When it comes to Polsilver blades, I'm pretty new to them. One was included in some blades I received to try out and have only had two shaves from it, in the same 1940's Super Speed, including today. I can say that it is an excellent blade, sharp and very smooth, with BBS shaves in two passes with a bit of touch up. If I get 4 - 5 shaves from it, it'll be good enough for me and will include them in my blade rotation.

RyX likes this.
  8. RetLEO-07

Still trying to cripple Russian MBT, IFV manufacture I see Col.
    :)

jimjo1031 likes this.
  9. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Yup!:) As you have seen before - the above photo only shows a small part of my Russian blade inventory. I understand Putin is asking to talk to me about a deal to resupply Russia with steel.

RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  10. RetLEO-07

:happy097:

jimjo1031 likes this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

Like Jim @jimjo1031 said, I got one single Super Iridium passed to me. I've tried it in a '55 Red Tip, a '46-'47 Aristocrat, and a '59 Fat Boy. In the first two razors the shaves were great and make me think about shopping up a few tucks. I didn't get the same smooth sharp feel in the #195, it was set at my usual number nine.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Think I'll go for the Fatboy next and see what happens.

RyX likes this.
  13. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

The PSI is my go-to blade. In a Rocket HD500 it's like 'did I remember to put a blade in'. Smoooooth!

RyX likes this.