Proraso Blue Review

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Ryan B, Jul 13, 2014.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Leider ist meine Proraso Rote Tube fast leer!

Spyder, Bama Samurai and Jim99 like this.
  2. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

I used Proraso Blue cream this morning. Great performer. Topped it off with Aqua Velva Blue Ice AS splash.

Spyder and crackstar like this.
  3. crackstar

Du hast mir eine ausgezeichnete Idee gegeben deshalb vielleicht morgen werde ich mich damit rasieren! :D

Spyder likes this.
  4. Shave Fu

Shave Fu Shavette Sensei

Great review. The only thing that i find different, is after the shave, my skin is usually very dry. But that might be an effect of hot water. Also, like with most Proraso products there is disagreement about the scent. I can't define the smell, but i find it mild too. To be honest i have the suspicion that i may have gotten a superold tube forgotten for ages on the shelf. Others say it's "herbal". Others say liquirice, others aloe. I just can't define anything. But yes, otherwise it gives good lather. Here the tube costs about 2.50 EUR on average. What i like, is that it leaves a rather mild, but pleasant scent on the boar brush.

The Green is the only Proraso i will do my best to avoid. I 've bought blue, white and red. Although here if you haven't tried ALL Prorasos and especially the Green (because it's most probably the original of the series) and dare say it to a wet shaver, you are considered a traitor.

crackstar and Spyder like this.
  5. crackstar

I think the majority of my friends here in Montreal who are wetshavers have never tried any of the Prorasos. Maybe it's because I started them off on Nivea or Arko! ;)

6. Shave Fu

Shave Fu Shavette Sensei

Well, they are Canadians, so they are excused. I also bought an Arko stick, since i read it's lemonny. I haven't used it though, since being newbie, the cream is easier to learn. You can sell me easily things with lemon. I also got a Derby Lemon cream for that. The Arko, i 've read very good things about it's lathering capability. Many use it here too, at least in a rotation pattern (because here, the various local soaps and creams reign supreme). The scent, i can smell it even without opening the packaging. But, in the dry state at least, it's not exactly lemon to me. It's more chemical lemonish scent. It may change once in contact with water. We 'll see.
    Here, you pretty much start with Proraso. It's mandatory and it's a local product and there is a general consumer culture to support local products. So... I will have to try Cella too for the same reason. There is also another called "Vitos" that has, as i read, loyal followers.

crackstar likes this.
  7. crackstar

I don't like any of the Derby creams. To me they're not even close to Arko when it comes to quality. I've been a Proraso lover for a long time.

Shave Fu likes this.
  8. Shave Fu

Shave Fu Shavette Sensei

Well, i bought it only because it was lemon. If i don't like it, no big deal, i will just toss it. It was cheap. It's not like Acqua di Parma cream, that here in the Amazon it's like 60 EUR for 50ml. Which, btw, despite the fancy name, it means "Parma's water". I don't care how good of a water they think they have in Parma, but i don't intend to buy that one. And from what i 've read, most others here do the same. :happy097:

Bama Samurai and crackstar like this.
  9. crackstar

Acqua di Parma e troppo caro - lo ricordo una volta ho pagato qualch'e cosa come 250,oo$ per una colonia. Ridicolo, no? :) E' stata la prima e l'ultima volta.

Bama Samurai and Shave Fu like this.
  10. Shave Fu

Shave Fu Shavette Sensei

La prima e spero anche l' ultima! Tutti i pareri che ho letto in un forum locale, concordano sul fatto che non vale assolutamente i soldi che costa. Ma neanche la metà! Altro che ridicolo!

P.S: Parli molto bene l' italiano.

To english speakers: Don't worry, we are just plotting on how to take over the forum and change its name to "ProrasoDen". :happy097:

crackstar and Bama Samurai like this.
  11. crackstar

Mille grazie, ma che peccato ho dimenticato ottanta percento del mio italiano. Si, posso leggere e scrivere e capire abbastanza bene ma per parlare e piu difficile!

Shave Fu likes this.
  12. Shave Fu

Shave Fu Shavette Sensei

Parli comunque benissimo. Parlare è più difficile per tutti, per quanto riguarda le lingue straniere. Anchio, non è che parlo bene l' inglese. Lo capisco, posso scrivere in inglese, ma non lo parlo molto bene.

crackstar likes this.
  13. crackstar

Io penso que tu parli l'inglese molto bene. Anch'io, per me l'inglese non e facile. Parlo francese perfettamente perche sono stato educato in quella lingua. Io sono da Israele ma nonostante il mio paese e anglofono non ho mai imparato l'inglese fino a quando venuto vivere qui in Canada. D'altra parte parlo molte altre lingue con scioltezza nativo. Non voglio vantarmi! :)

Shave Fu likes this.
  14. crackstar

Grazie ancora per questo bel complimento. E' molto motivante!

15. Shave Fu

Shave Fu Shavette Sensei

Forse scrivo bene l' inglese, ma non lo parlo bene. Fidati. Non vuoi sentirmi parlare l' inglese. E' terribile. Ah, vivi nella parte francofona del Canada. Haha! Se già parli così bene l' italiano, immagino quanto bene parli francese e inglese! Complimenti! Ne hai il motivo per vantarti! :happy088:

crackstar likes this.
  16. Shave Fu

Shave Fu Shavette Sensei

I am starting to appreciate more the Proraso Blu. I mean, i still find a bit too mild, but it's gentle and the latherability is amazing. Of course it's the only thing i 've tried so far, but, bang for buck, it's very good. In the long run, i predict i will be going between Proraso Blue, White, Red , Vitos and Cella. And if i like Arko or something else cheap, OK. I am not going to spend money on anything over 5 EUR. I 've given over 220 EUR probably in less than 2 weeks in shaving. That's more than enough. I need to keep this cost effective, i have other hobbies and interests that bleed me badly. Proraso will become my bread and butter.

crackstar likes this.
  17. crackstar

I'd definitely buy this Proraso Blue cream again. It's really nice.

Shave Fu likes this.
  18. Shave Fu

Shave Fu Shavette Sensei

I already did too... I passed by a small neighbourhood shop and it had 1 Proraso red and 1 blue creams. I grabbed both. They were only 1.90 EUR, less than any price on the internet, so i couldn't resist. The woman who was cashier must have had the shock of her life seeing someone buying then, because she threw me a french "anything else, monsieur?". :rofl: According to her, i must probably be some kind of old-fashioned dandy to use shaving creams, so she thought to make a laugh of me with the frenchism. It's ok. She can call me "frenchy" if she likes, as long as she keeps bringing Proraros at 1.90!:rofl:

crackstar likes this.
  19. crackstar

I was speaking French this morning to a guy and he said "I love your accent. Where are you from? Algeria? Morocco? Tunisia?" when I told him I was Israeli he was stunned. I think it was also because of my swarthy appearance and my moustache. Lolllll

Shave Fu likes this.
  20. Shave Fu

Shave Fu Shavette Sensei

Ahaha! At least you speak french! I don't. Anyway, speaking of Israel, in my next purchase i think i will put 200-400 Israeli Reds.

crackstar likes this.