Dismiss Notice
Don't miss your chance to enter the TSD Mini-Raffle One week only! Ends Sunday, July 2nd.

Proraso Green VS Cella

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by idan, Jun 27, 2016.

?

Proraso Green VS Cella

1. Proraso Green

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Cella

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

They are both great soaps for not much money - don't deny yourself the pleasure - get them both. Life is too short not to have good shaving soaps.

K-zone and Robyflexx like this.
  2. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Active Member

The only thing I don't love about Cella is the jar. It's got such a tight radius that it is a little more challenging to load, and I'd like to have a little more room to twirl around. That said, it has given me a top-notch shave every single time and it seems to last forever. I also don't have anything bad to say about Proraso Green, and for my taste has the perfect amount of menthol, enough to numb you a little but not too much.

What I haven't tried is Cella aftershave. If I "had" to choose between the two, I'd first want to test Cella AS & see how much I like that versus Proraso AS, which I absolutely love. That would probably be my tie-breaker, as I like to complement my lather with the right AS -- it doesn't have to be same brand or scent but it has to match well and I love Proraso Green AS with the soap . Luckily I don't have to make these choices and I can enjoy both!

Robyflexx likes this.
  3. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Agree - the container is a bit small. I use a bowl to create my lather so I just load the brush from the container and go to the bowl.

4. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

In my collection of Shaving Soaps I have both of these soaps. I prefer over both of them my Van der Hagen-Williams Shaving Soap aka Patrick's Blend.

5. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Cella gives me less skin irritation than Proraso Green, so that's an easy choice.

In reality I would choose neither though.

Robyflexx and Terry Williams like this.
  6. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I've used both and they're decent soaps. I prefer Cella.
    Did you settle on these two because they're Italian soaps? If so, you might want to also consider Linea Intenso -- Tcheon Fung Sing, which I prefer to both those soaps. Just a thought.

Terry Williams, Robyflexx and Eeyore like this.
  7. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Two excellent soaps. Get both. As much as I love Proraso green I would give Cella a slight edge for slickness.

CliffDweller likes this.
  8. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Active Member

Yes, this is the only true answer to this question. They are both economical and have knockout performance and smell great No reason to over-think this by trying to choose between them.

9. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

Both soaps are a great value----I transferred Cella to a larger container!!!!