Question/Idea for Mama Bear

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Woknblues, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

Is there any possibility of a sampler of your soaps available? I really love the two soaps that I have of yours, and want more, yet am not sure where to start again.... What about a sliver, or a "shaving", or a half a Hershey's kiss size of each soap (that would be crazy I guess (or six), like enough for a week of shaves, for $10-15 bucks or so? Anything like this in the works?:D :D :D Anyone else in agreement? I am no soap maker or marketer, so the fact that nobody is really doing this makes me suspect that it is not feasible. Can they be poured out into little wax candy wrappers (with a MB logo on it) or even a "peanut butter cup" type? That would look pretty nice, in a glass jar beside my other shaving stuff!:drool

at any rate, I'll be ordering something again in about 2 months. Keep up the great work!

2. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

It is really not feasable for me.. I am having problems keeping up with just the soap orders.. I will eventually need to decide to get help or not take any new customers...

Sorry Wok...

Bear Hugs.

3. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

Well, those are healthy problems for a business I guess....:D

I think you need to get help because you have a lot of salesmen on this site, and elsewhere too....;)

4. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

So Sue, what is the most time consuming part of your operation? Purchases, production & manufacturing, R & D, inventory control, order management and bookkeeping, shipping or other?

5. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

the learning part.. (R&D) I am constantly trying to learn.. after that, probably shipping and manufacturing. I leave the bookkeeping to the pros...

but I am not farming any of this out honey.. I am a one woman operation, a women who works barefoot in pajamas... and I am happy as all get out with my little business and I know that i can take care of you guys this way..

It is just that there are close to 100 shaving soaps. slicing them up and shipping the slices to gentlemen would be a full time job in itself. It would put time and sanity contraints on me that I can't handle at this point..

6. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Know the feeling Sue, I have 9-5 job plus all the legal, web development, bookkeeping and paperwork on our business.