Question Valet Razors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by fishcrow, Nov 15, 2011.

1. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

I have seen some discussion on Valet razors. I own two of them wondering are there blades for these razors? From those that have used them what type of shave do you get from them? How aggressive are they?

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

There were Feather brand blades from David over at razorbladesandmore. The Traveling Valet started by Nairb / Brian included specially modified stock SE blades in carbon and stainless varieties. The main difference IIRC is whether or not the back of the blade tray has the raised letters that spell Valet...? If your blade base back has the raised letters the Feathers from David should work, if the razor just has the channel then you can cut down modern SE blades.

I am fairly certain I have this correct, but others more knowledgeable than me may have other info.

3. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

These varieties require a special blade: Like Jeff said, you can get the Feather SE blades from David at Razor blades and more. As far as I know the feather SE blade will work in all Valet razors. However, there are probably an exception or two when you look at all the various pin and cut out combos. Why does feather make an SE blade that fits these things? Feather once upon a time made a SE razor that is very similar to the Valet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the other hand, the heads that look like this can take a modified SE blade:
    [​IMG]

Here is how to remove the spine from an SE blade:

Here is how to modify the blade: