Rate My Deal

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Red-Leg, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I understand some collectors, don't get me wrong. NOS Gillette Fatboy that hasn't been opened, I can see that fetching hefty price tags, but those types of razors aren't for me. I purchase them to use them and that's it. If it's blemished, a bit of pitting, etc, so be it. I'll get them replated eventually.

2. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Agreed, a collector bidding on a mint or near mint condition addition to a collection is not as concerned with cost. but when you see a well used item up for auction selling for mint condition prices you have to wonder what they are thinking.

Of course if I see an item that appears to be in very good condition selling very cheap I'm not opposed to snatching up a great deal. :)

3. Red-Leg

Red-Leg Member

Zoomed in, I can see at least three of the Pal blades. Regarding the blades, as a firearms enthusiast, I'm most excited about the Marlin blades. The OC Gillette in the Bakelite brush/case is also intriguing.

4. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

A nice start. But there's so many more!(;-)

5. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Yep, I gotta agree with the others, you did very well! :)

6. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

I know you're kidding. ;) I just lost a 59 FB on ebay that sold for $144.00! That's crazy.

7. stonyloam

stonyloam Well-Known Member

When I used to play poker with my buddies, my rule was never know how much money I started with and never count it afterword. Just have fun. Looks like you had fun!;)

8. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Nice assortment; good job.

9. Red-Leg

Red-Leg Member

Brian,

When I am ready to play around with this baby, what do you recommend as far as blades go?

Thanks!
    Darren

10. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

I started with the Gem blades from Walgreens but quickly purchased 200 blades from Ted Pella. March PIF month here @ TSD is around the corner. Keep your eyes peeled. *hint hint wink wink nudge nudge*