Razor Rotation Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Taipan, May 17, 2013.

?

Rotation Choice

1. Merkur 37C Slant

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Merkur 510 Adjustable

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Muhle 41

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Gillette Red Tip

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

I've been enjoying really good shaves with my Gillette Black Beauty for the last few weeks. So much so, that I'm getting reluctant to try anything else! Trouble is, I've got a bad case of the RADs so have seven or eight razors that I haven't yet tried!
    Please help me choose the way to go from the following: Merkur 37C Slant; Merkur 510 Progress; Mule 41 (2013); Gillette Superspeed Red Tip.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  2. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

3. Novacula

Novacula Member

I vote that you bust out the slant! Live a little!

4. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Would it be helpful to have someone order the razors from most similar to the Black Beauty to least similar (eg in terms of shave aggressiveness, etc)? Or are you more curious about people's favorites out of the options? I don't have much experience with vintage Gillettes, but I think you have a great collection going. A lot to look forward to trying :happy088:

5. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

I try and have days chosen for my creams that have letters that kind of correspond with those days. You could do Slant Saturdays, Superspeed Sunday, Muhle Mondays, etc.

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I've done that in the past. Then I just got too much stuff! :happy102:

FacialCarnage likes this.
  7. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Hello my name is Eddie and I have R.A.D. :drool:
    I can only remind you of this one "IMPORTANT" fact...."YOUR NOT REQUIRED to SHAVE with EVERY Razor you OWN, despite the FACT that you feel the NEED to OWN all of THEM"!! I now have a favorite razor in fact "two" that I use everyday, to the exclusion of the others..BUT I still buy "MORE" razors!!! And sometimes even shave with them!
    It's a "DISORDER" accept it and enjoy it.....:D

That said I voted for the "Gillette Red Tip" get it first then follow with the 41....:)

srpavko likes this.
  8. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

I use a different razor every day, just take the blade out and put it in a different razor.

white_feather and Novacula like this.
  9. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

Interesting thoughts there Gents. A 'rating' order would be useful. Any takers?

10. Novacula

Novacula Member

That is some good, simple advice, Tom!