RazoRock XXX for the new kids that can't lather

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by xnykid, Sep 1, 2015.

1. xnykid

xnykid Well-Known Member

been a wed shaver for a few months now and as far as weakness goes getting a consistent lather has been a challenge my brush is a Semogue 1305 and it is rather tall at 110mm. I have been using Cella and Proraso. I always felt ok with Proraso but the resulting lather does not seem as slick as what i would expect from a good cream and the Cella that every one raves about here never worked for me, it is always thin and dissipates in short order.
    today I received a tin of XXX from RazoRock and wow, suddenly there is nothing wrong with my brush or technique. That stuff just lathers up when you look at it. And I got a little on my fingers and tried to grab the tin and it just few out of my fingers. So slippery and so protective. I am really impressed.

so if your new and having trouble with your lather just take one variable out of the equation, buy some XXX and then you will be a success or your can admit it.......... you need a new brush.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I've found most of the RazoRock semi-soft soaps to be easy latherers…..XXX is no exception.

A nice SR shave using the XXX….
    PhotoshopScreenSnapz007.jpg

xnykid likes this.
  3. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

That's true of most premium soaps. The others are good and for lots of folks good is good enough if you can afford premium then results can be impressive.

tuxxdk, IDuck, xnykid and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    :happy088:

5. Hillbilly79

Hillbilly79 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear RR has a new fan. I too enjoy the RR soaps. I tend to get a better lather from One X than XXX for some reason. I have never had a bad shave with XXX though.

CyanideMetal and xnykid like this.
  6. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I had the Razorback Classic, lathered and performed amazingly, but one day got an unbearable burning sensation from it.. that was it

xnykid and Slow Joe like this.
  7. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Cella is one of the easiest soaps to lather. My guess is your brush is to wet.

xnykid likes this.
  8. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

see, comments like this only feed my desire to try cella....it is next on my list and I have a feeling I wont be able to hold off much longer.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    theFAT98 likes this.
  9. theFAT98

It a great soap for sure. Super easy to lather. If you like cherry almond scents then you will love cella.

10. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

RR makes some great soaps. They are good for a beginner because they are inexpensive and are easy to lather.

11. xnykid

xnykid Well-Known Member

I think my brush, being so tall, holds a lot of water and the long bristles tend to bend easy, they don't seem to have much backbone. I know most of the time it's the Indian not the arrow.

theFAT98 likes this.
  12. theFAT98

Just some friendly tips. Squeeze out most of the water before swirling on the puck. Load the brush for 30 seconds or so. Then add water slowly as you build the lather.

Yehuda D, RaZorBurn123 and xnykid like this.
  13. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

"xnykid" I like your post and agree RR soaps are great. Revisit Proraso and Cella after awhile, I don't want you to miss out on some classics.

brit likes this.
  14. xnykid

xnykid Well-Known Member

OK, well i decided to get a synthetic Omega before my trip to Dallas next week and low and behold I can now whip Cella into something that looks like a dessert topping. Less water, stiffer brush, i don't know but here it is.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    theFAT98 and Omelmad like this.
  15. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

Now you're getting there!!!

Omelmad likes this.
  16. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I've found RR soaps to perform adequately but rather lacking in slickness and scent.
    One of those YMMV things.

17. theFAT98

Some of their scents are weak. But a couple of their soaps are top notch.

Xxx
    King louis lavender. No longer made.
    Don marco

18. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? To me they're top notch on all the buttons. It must be YMMV.

Ohh, yea, my bad - you did say that! :D

Yehuda D likes this.
  19. Bymainer

Bymainer Active Member

I'm still too new to know what YMMV means, but I have a few RR soaps now, and all work well. Zi Pep, XXX, and Don Marco, all lather really easily and flow pretty well. I've used Badger, and Horse brushes, and done fine with both. I think early on I was a cit too timid, and gentle; now, not that I beat the piss out of my brushes, I give them a bit of pressure so they open up some, and the lather just blooms right up. I have a bowl of Cella, but honestly haven't even tried it due to the great shave with the Rock products, and as of today, Catie's LPV- which is the new winner for me.

20. xnykid

xnykid Well-Known Member

Your Mileage May Vary, not that exciting is it.