Rinsing face between passes

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by markjnewcomb, Nov 24, 2015.

?

How often do you rinse between passes?

1. Almost always or always

61.9%
  2. I rinse more often than not

4.8%
  3. about 50/50

6.3%
  4. I usually don't rinse

12.7%
  5. almost never or never

14.3%
  1. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I do a "Kyle" prep while I make my lather. Once my lather is made I wash off the "Kyle" prep lather with a complete rinse using hot/warm water, then apply my preshave(CHL) once. I lather then and don't rinse again until my touchup pass. I usually do a minimum of 3 passes. My last/touchup pass I use just water.:happy088:
    As I get no irritation or razor burn using this method I've never felt the need to change.:)

CyanideMetal likes this.
  2. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I also just re-wet.

CyanideMetal likes this.
  3. BigCabDaddy

BigCabDaddy Well-Known Member

So I tried the rewet/add water in between passes and I liked it I think. I'll try it again a few times before I say for sure.

4. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

I actually do rinse, for some reason I want the soap a d any cut whiskers off my face before my next pass. I have absolutely no reason to give as to why....I just started doing it.

BigCabDaddy likes this.
  5. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I rewet, not a complete rinse, sometimes I'll add pso again for the next pass if I'm in the mood for it.

BigCabDaddy likes this.
  6. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I never do. Cannot harm though.

7. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I survived 32 years of wetshaving without rinsing between passes, so it's not as dangerous as it sounds!

178-bplatoon and BigCabDaddy like this.
  8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Doh! Thats why they call it "Wet Shaving...."
    I definitely do the rinse or rewet or what ever you want to call it....:happy097:.....I don't rinse, polish, and dry...ha,ha...or make sure that I got every speck of soap off....But I do splash water onto face and rub with my fingers...thats how we find where the whisker stragglers are...:happy102:.....And sometimes I use hot water, sometimes cold....usually before starting and after first pass, HOT....then later cold and after cold.....

The Hot to keep everything hydrated and the cold to stop the blood flow....:shocked003:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    178-bplatoon and BigCabDaddy like this.
  9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

:signs011:

10. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

I always face lather using either Cella crope or VDH. It's rare that I rinse before relathering. But I do start out with a hot wet washcloth soak before lathering. Have not noticed difference in my shave if I do rinse. Although I do feel face with wet fingers to find missed spots.

11. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I do wet my brush between passes

12. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Hrm.. food for thought here at least.

I've always rinsed very thoroughly, but after this thread I just wet my hands and smooth the face out with whatever leftover lather there is and then proceed.

Works just as good, uses much less water (good for the annual water-bill, small puddles here and there add up...) but most importantly - less cumbersome!

BigCabDaddy likes this.
  13. AFWoody

AFWoody Member

+1

14. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

+1 I do exactly the same thing.

15. rbtek1

rbtek1 Active Member

16. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Yep, thats me for you.

17. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

My face is not able to take face lathering. Because of this, I very seldom rinse between passes. If it would last face lathering, I would add more product to the face until the lather is perfect. Then rinsing does not matter.

I rather adjust the moisture by adding more water to the lathering bowl. If the lather is perfect in the bowl, it will not be perfect anymore when added to a dripping wet face.

18. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I strictly face lather. My face needs a water rinse dripping wet; this added water aids in producing lather with the proper consistency. This is what works for me. Even when using cartridges, I used a lot of water.

CyanideMetal likes this.
  19. ejmolitor37

ejmolitor37 Member

I always slap a bit of water on between. Seems to work

CyanideMetal and rbtek1 like this.
  20. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

I just wet my face before. Since I bowl lather I will add some water to the bowl and give a brush a couple quick swirls if needed between passes.