Rotating Razors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jbcohen, Sep 11, 2007.

1. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

:rofl

That ain't a hobby, it's a way of life.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  2. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Welcome Bob! 1966 was a good year, it was the year I was released from high school.:D

Douglas Carey likes this.
  3. bob031266

bob031266 New Member

Queen of blades.Thank you very much. Bob

4. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Bob, welcome to The Shave Den.

5. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

What does the stand look like? do you have a picture you can post. I find it interesting. thanks...

Enjoy your shave...:D

6. Smedley

Smedley New Member

No, that speaks to your firmness of character as you refuse to be caught up in the DE-collecting mania. :D

7. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

I only have about 40 of those, so I'm in the clear...

8. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Amateur... :rofl

But seriously, I rotate among about ten or so straights, and depending on when I need to use a DE razor (usually due to the fact that I got my lazy butt up too late), I rotate among about four DEs anymore. I think I have about ten, but only use about four now. Guess that makes me the amateur. :D

9. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

What's stopping you from putting the remainder into the rotation? I have two that are not in the rotation and there is a reason that there not in, they are terrible quality. Got them for free from an internet distributor. Would really be angry if I had to pay for thsoe two.

10. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

As far as the straights, I have a couple I just don't use much anymore, but haven't sold off yet or keep for sentimental reasons. (Like a Garantie 4/8 square point...nothing at all wrong with it, but 4/8 is a little small now. The reason I haven't sold it yet is that it was the first straight I ever bought.) As far as the DEs, when I first started, I picked up a few different ones to try out, but some of them were just pickups at a local antique store, so I wasn't out much. I found the four or five that work for me, and since I now use straights most of the time anyway, I never seem to get around to the other ones.

11. jfrancisco

jfrancisco New Member

I try and use a razor for at least a week and sometimes two or three weeks. For me, the learning curve is such that while I rarely cut myself up anymore, to get a truly great BBS shave, it takes me a couple of shaves to get used to a specific razor. That is when I'm using DEs. Straight razors are entirely different for me in that I can get a great shave pretty much every time with no learning curve.

12. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

As others have said, VARIETY. If you have multiple razors why would you just look at 'em and not use 'em?
    Back in the day, Dad or Granddad had one razor. But we're not back in the day are we. Put those puppies to work! :shaver

13. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I like the variety. Besides it helps me justify having 20+ DE's?

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  14. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

:happy088: