Save money on Proraso

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by JayKay, Feb 18, 2008.

1. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I just picked up a tube of the C.O. Bigelow shave cream and found out its made by Proraso. In theory than, the C.O. Bigelow shave cream (can also be found at bath & body works) is the same price as the proraso you'd order online, saving you 6$ on shipping. I haven't tried the proraso cream but I'm assuming its the same as theirs. It may save you a few dollars picking up the C.O. Bigelow cream :D

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Yep same cream. :)

3. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

Thanks for the heads up, JayKay. Good idea

4. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

As for what I think of the cream....

First, I was a bit put off by the smell (eucolyptus? soap?) and the consistency of the cream. It was a bit syrup like I'd say. Looked more like a body wash than a cream as it came out of the tube. It took a minute or so but all at once I had some beautiful thick lather. I loaded up my SS with some Treet Dura-sharps, brushed some cream on, and shaved away. The cream was a great buffer and extremely slick. After three passes my face was smoothe as could be and very hydrated. My favorite cream is GFT coconut but this is deffinetly up there in the great shave category.

5. barbarosa

barbarosa New Member

I think that Omega cream is made by Proraso as well. Usually, you can find it cheaper than Proraso.

6. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

It's not only made by Proraso, it's also the exactly same formulation ;)