Schick Krona

Discussion in 'Safety Razor Reviews' started by Straight Arrow, May 24, 2007.

1. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

The Krona is the only Schick double edge model that I know of. It is a TTO design, the head being very similar, mechanically to most Gillette TTOs. The handle, on the other hand, is unique to this razor. Being a ‘70s creation it has the look of that decade. Wide at the bottom where the TTO knob is located, and tapering gradually to a thin connection at the head, it looks like one leg of a pair of bell-bottomed pants. The black plastic handle feels surprisingly good in the hand and the razor is easy to hold and maneuver. It's a very well-balanced design. What it lacks in heft is made up for in ease of use. What about the shave? This device shaves like a dream. Not too aggressive but fully capable of a BBS finish if desired. This reviewer used the Krona for two weeks, one week with a US Personna and the next with a Derby. Consistently good shaves were achieved with both setups using a variety of soaps and creams. This razor could easily become my go-to tool. It's an under-appreciated razor that unfortunately seems to go unnoticed by most DE users.

Robyflexx likes this.
  2. smooth_n_slick

smooth_n_slick New Member

Excellent and very underated rasor, has great balance, easy to use and not expensive at all. almost 4" long. If you find one get it, you will not be sorry.

3. mgarbell

mgarbell New Member

This was the first DE razor that I used. I only stopped using it because I was able to obtain a Fat Boy and really like that it's adjustable and the weight of it.

However, the Krona gives a great shave, and is really easy to use. It's not very aggressive, and that makes it a great first razor, but I can see that I'll be using it again in the near future, just to mix things up.

Matt

4. akhorosh

akhorosh New Member

It is very good razor. I wish it would be more aggressive.

5. brothers

brothers Active Member

I've still got my original Krona

Schick Krona: I bought it new many years ago when I got married. Took it into the Army and to war and back, in addition to using it daily, I also shaved my dad with it for 13 years while he was disabled, and just in the last few months stopped using it when the butterflies started binding up a tiny bit, then a bit more, and finally had to stop using it about a year ago. Who could have asked for a better razor? Now that I've gotten into the forums and such, my razors have multiplied dramatically and I seldom see the old Krona anymore. I think I'll go get it and see if I can gently persuade the butterflies to line up a little better and use it for a few days with some good old MWF. Everybody should have a Krona.

Robyflexx and kaleoaal like this.
  6. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

My favorite TTO razor so far. Gives a great shave; I like it a bit more than my Super Speeds. Very easy to control with the long plastic handle. Not too expensive on eBay. I paid $14.94 shipped for mine, and probably could have done better if I'd waited. Not as pretty as some other razors, and seems a bit lightweight until you realize how well it's balanced.

Robyflexx likes this.