Seeking Razor Information De Haven Diplomat

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by wmbjr, Aug 10, 2015.

1. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

My amazing Fiancee brought home two antique store finds that she got for pretty cheap. One is an Enders Speed Razor, which I will show in a different thread.

The other is this De Haven Diplomat
    20150810_131138a.jpg

The De Haven had a case, razor, blade, and instructions. It definitely needs some cleaning but is an interesting looking razor.

20150810_131145a.jpg

20150810_131517a.jpg

20150810_131553a.jpg

The blades that came with it are rusted so I dont believe there is any way to use them, but maybe I am wrong. Much of the razor can be cleaned as it has almost no rust, mostly just caked on grime.

Any information on the razor and especially finding blades that will work would be much appreciated!

hippiebrian likes this.
  2. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

You should be able to use a modified Feather Injector Blade and or a Personna Hair Shaping Blade in the DE Haven I reckon.....These are a bit longer than standard injector blades I believe....

If you have the Original blade you can use option 2 the same as the Speed Razor as I have explained to you in your other thread...You will probably have to cut the Feather Injector or Personna blade to fit as well...:chores016:

Some Intel....http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...nhouAF&usg=AFQjCNFCv8Edv0gHtYPTYrFdVsUnFAFp4Q

Billy

wmbjr likes this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That's cool.

Billyfergie likes this.
  4. wmbjr

Billyfergie likes this.
  5. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

That's awesome!

Billyfergie likes this.
  6. Billyfergie

Your Welcome Sir....:chores016:

7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Billy is in my book the internet-wide expert on how to get odd, quirky and highly proprietary razors to work with modern blades. Love reading his posts about how he puts his face on the line to help bring these razors back to use.

Dzia Dzia, Billyfergie and wmbjr like this.
  8. wmbjr

Love the idea of bringing it back to life. Not such a fan of putting my face on the line so glad he has already made the sacrifice for the rest of us.

Thanks again Billy!

Billyfergie and Darkbulb like this.
  9. Billyfergie

Well you know that Schick Type F was a hell - ova rough ride the other day by dinging the blades when I was loading it....Martin (Dodgy) said he dinged a few blades an all with his as well ....When you get round to using yours be extra careful as I thought I was on the case.....These are quirky in terms of loading them....Seriously strange if you ask me....You will love it though....;)
    Shaves pretty much akin to the Personna Executive Injector....:chores016:

Darkbulb and wmbjr like this.
  10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    The DeHaven razors are a more elegant version of the Shake Sharp razor, and work in much the same way.

Unfortunately, the DeHaven's also used proprietary blades, which is why I don't own any.

If you like the concept, you might want check out the Shake Sharp.
    http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/the-shake-sharp-razor.29757/

wmbjr and Billyfergie like this.
  11. Billyfergie

The irony of course is that if these modifications are done with a bit of due are and attention these old SEs will shave far better than with the propriety blades....A modern Gem blade & injector blade are far superior to any old stropping blade from that era....I am not including wedge blades here as that's a another story....The main thing is to replicate the blade exposure and the correct shaving angle of the blade of which the manufactures originally intended...;).
    That's the key.... :chores016:

Darkbulb and wmbjr like this.
  12. wmbjr

Thanks for all the insight in getting these old razors ready to shave again. I will definitely be spending some time trying to get them going.

Billyfergie and Darkbulb like this.