Shampoo Bars (everything you wanted to know, but were afraid to ask).

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by richgem, May 11, 2012.

1. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Been using a pretty good one I got for 2 bucks from The Soap Works up here in Canada...

2. kurtmill

kurtmill Active Member

Really interesting. I'll have to look into it.

3. Sean Coughlin

Sean Coughlin Well-Known Member

Just gave a local shampoo bar (http://southwedgesoap.com/herbal.html) a spin for the last week & am really liking it so far. It leaves my hair feeling squeaky clean and it seems to dry a lot faster than when I used regular shampoo.

As a bonus, supposedly this shampoo bar doubles as a shave soap. I'll have to put it into the rotation & see how it performs in that arena.

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Hmm... I may have to try that one. Tho, they look a little pricey for a 3 oz. bar. But, It looks like it's got a lot of good stuff in it. Thanks, Sean.

5. Tattoobob

Tattoobob Well-Known Member

6. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Has anybody tried the Dogfish Head Beer Bars? I have been using a Liggett bar but am considering other options on my next purchase.

7. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Sara how does RoseofSharon compare to Mike's. I use and like Mike's shampoo bars a lot.

8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I've never used Mike's. But I can tell you that the RoseofSharonAcres lathers well, makes my hair feel clean & soft and does not irritate my skin. It has almost completely eliminated my dandruff. It contains goat milk, which seems to agree with me.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    ram57 likes this.
  9. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thank you. I use goats milk bath bars and find them to be to be quite agreeable for my skin type.

Sara-s likes this.
  10. jaxstraww

jaxstraww Well-Known Member

Thread is a few years old. What soap artisans are doing shampoo bars?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

11. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

I like these alot

PicsArt_11-17-05.15.42.jpg

Keithmax and Erik Redd like this.
  12. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

My favorite was Queen Charlotte Soaps but they are out of business so will give these a try.

LuvWetShavin likes this.
  13. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I must admit that I use plain olive oil soap for about everything (except shaving, of course ). Works well enough for me.

--
    Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

LuvWetShavin likes this.
  14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I still get mine from www.roseofsharonacres.com

Tiredricefarmer likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I think you can find some at ManHandsSoap.

16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Chagrin Valley is still going strong.
    But, otherwise, click on the links and see....
    [​IMG]

17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

If you have dandruff, the Neem. Tea Tree bar will probably be very helpful. They are both anti-fungals and most dandruff is caused by fungus on the scalp. But fair warning- it won’t smell great.

Paul Turner likes this.
  18. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

The Mystic Water bars actually don't smell too bad .. i wouldn't consider it a putrid stinky smell, there are several other ingredients she adds such as jojoba oil and sapindus

Sara-s likes this.
  19. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Thanks for the info. It's quite informative and timely since I received a sample test "shampoo bar" in my Stirling order last week. I suspect they may be coming out with one too.