Shark blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by leigh44, Aug 28, 2014.

1. leigh44

leigh44 Member

Sorry for the constant updates every time I try a blade but I'm just really enjoying this whole new world of wet shaving that I've discovered.

This morning as I was going through my sampler pack I decided to try the shark blade which I understand are made by Lord, which I have not yet tried. The result of today's shave was outstanding. Usually after my first pass on my neck looks like it hasn't even been touched and the second pass XTG is usually when it starts looking more clean but this got majority straight away.

Also I tried a post shave routine that I stole from geofatboy of leaving the face a little wet after the shave, putting on some proraso pre shave first then my aftershave balm on top of that and so far today my skin feels really great.

I don't know whether the blade and the new post shave routine is what made the shave so great, or weather my my technique is improving or a combo of both but feels good to be able to know I can now shave every morning if I wish. Never been able to do that so I'm pretty stoked

2. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

It is always good to hear people's opinions of different products, glad to hear you had a good shave.
    Your post shave routine is interesting, when you put on the pre shave, did you leave it on , or did you rinse it off before you put on your aftershave?

3. leigh44

leigh44 Member

I left it on. Only using a very small amount though, not as much as I would pre shave

4. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

Certainly nothing to be sorry about. We especially like hearing success stories!
    I would say it's a combination of improving technique, and a blade that
    is a good match for your razor and your beard type. I get along quite well with
    Shark Super Stainless blades in two of my razors.
    Shark Super Stainless thumbnail.jpg

Being able to shave every morning is quite something if you've never been able to do that before!
    I agree with Joe, your post shave treatment is interesting. I'll keep it in mind when the weather cools a bit.

Best wishes and
    Happy Shaving Leigh!! :bounce017:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  5. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear your so stoked and everything is coming along so well. Great world to be associated with isn't it! Trying new equipment and products certainly can be "VERY" enjoyable, even addicting when you first start "traditional" shaving. :) I'm sure your blade technique as well as pre and post shave routine is improving. I've found "TIME" is an important factor, the more time you spend "traditional" shaving the better it seems to get. :happy088:

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Very good. I always get a good shave out of my Shark Super Chromes.:)

7. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Sharks are one of my top 3. Glad you're liking them.

8. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

What are your other two?

9. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Voskhod Teflon and Personna Labs. I don't know what's on the Labs, but I tend to not be a fan of any Platinum blade I've tried. If Labs are platinum, they are the exception.

10. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I have been using Sharks again lately...great shaves...no complaints. I would put them on par with Astra SPs...easily. I think Sharks are quite underrated.

11. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Sharks are the blade I use in my EJ DE 89bl. They give a nice close shave with no irritation.

12. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Being in Florida, I am not a fan of Sharks... blade or sea creature... either way, they are coarse and bitey...

13. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

When I first started DE shaving, I bought 100 Sharks. Since I wasn't on forums then I didn't have anyone to tell me how crappy they were, and thought they were just fine. I bought and used a few hundred of them before I went on my great blade search. I still have some today, and use one now and then. I think they are plenty sharp, but not the smoothest blade ever. If I was stuck with them forever, I'd get along fine.

PanChango likes this.
  14. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

+1 for the Super Chromes

15. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

got my 1st pack of them with my parker VA...I like them and agree with @Rusty blade that they are very similar to astras for me....a very good blade

16. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Pretty much where I am with them. They were my first hundred pack and have been through plenty of them. Not my favorite, but perfectly acceptable.

PickledNorthern likes this.