SHARP stainless

Discussion in 'Blade Reviews' started by Queen of Blades, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    First I'd like to thank Rene for introducing SHARPs. :cool:

I tried several types of blades before discovering these blades, and none of the others provided as comfortable, nor as close a shave as SHARPs do.

The only problem most people have with these blades is the longevity, 2-3 shaves. I don't feel that is a problem though. It suits me just fine. I would have given a 10 for longevity, but considering I know how others feel about that point, I felt an 8 was a helpful compromise.

I love SHARPs! :D

2. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

I bought these for 1 purpose only....use for travelling. I find myself away from home quite frequently. Previous to buying Sharp Blades I found myself dumping perfectly good blades before returning home. With a life time (for me) of 2 shaves, and a low price...these are perfect. I use these almost exclusively with either a Feather portable or a Merkur Travel Razor. As a side issue....these blades are slightly thicker than those we are normally accustomed to. I find that this gives superb shaves in mild shaving razors like the Gillette Tech.

I have yet to find a razor in my collection....which does not give a great shave using a Sharp Blade.

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

the best!

These blades are number one for my skin which is very sensitive. Thanks to Rene, my shaves have improved dramatically because of these blades.

Jeff

4. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    These babies are so gentle.... I couldn't imagine getting razor burn with these. They're my everyday blade.

5. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Good inexpensive blade. Can't say I found anything too special about them. As for blade life, I rarely ever go over 2-3 shaves with any blade so these hold up just fine for me. I found them to be about on par with Merkur in terms of sharpness.

6. Will

Will Nevermind

My new go to blade.

Not as cut throat as the Feather but sharp enough to get BBS.

Also as gentile as a womans touch. :o

7. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    They do pull a little bit, but the end result is great. Just a warning, they dull out quickly, but they're still my everyday blade.

8. Queen of Blades

Perhaps, but for me, Rene did all the footwork introducing these blades to the wetshaving community. So, I'll buy from him every time.

9. crackstar

Only Rene can supply me with these blades.

10. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

Face Shredder

I have had bad experiences with Sharp blades- as others have noted, their sharpness degrades quickly. I can get one shave at best from them. My most recent shave with a Sharp blade was the worst I'd had since beginning DE shaving a year and a half ago: my cheeks were red and irritated and my neck was pretty badly torn up.

That could have been a defective blade, which happen to all blade types. But even when the blades are good, it's a shave once and throw away kind of blade.

EDIT: The more I use these blades, the less I like them. Manufacturing quality seems uneven to me. I am sure your mileage *will* vary.

11. crackstar

I guess it really is a case of YMMV. I get 3 excellent shaves with a Sharp, and then I change the blade. I also have a very heavy beard.

12. LesterB

LesterB New Member

Got a package of the blades when I bought a Parker razor on E-Bay. Good Blade for price. The 3rd shave showed signs that the blade was going downhill. Wouldn't use it for more then 2 shaves. It is a sharp blade. Would buy more if I already didn't have 300 blades of various makes.

13. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

I would rather shave with an aluminum can than these. I tried these in several different gillettes and they were not good. The only upside to these is the price. Not sharp the blade skipped and dragged across my skin. I never get cuts and these cut the heck out of me. Don't let the name fool you, they aren't sharp.

14. SmoovD

SmoovD Member

Cheap blades for certain. But the shaves were horrendous. I have tried them in a Tech, a Fatboy and a 38C with not a good shave in the bunch. I found them to be not very sharp, nor very smooth.

If they work for your face they are a deal. Just not for me.

15. Andrea Narozna

Andrea Narozna New Member

SHARP blades

Hello,
    what producer are these blades from? I have found 2 of them and the paper boxes look simillar, so maybe you are rating two different products... I have found SHARP DE blades made in India and Bangladesh...

Andrea

16. modferit99

modferit99 New Member

Hello all. First post for me... I bought a 100 count pack of Sharp stainless blades not so long ago and I have no complaints thus far. Good quality and I like the look of the packaging. Has nothing to do with the quality of the blades but they look the part in my cabinet. I would recommend simply for a decent quality and affordable price. Cheers.

17. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Remember that the thickness of your hairs and your skin type are major factors over a blade, especially ones that do not retain their edge long. The fact that Sharps do not have a long lasting edge, can cause problems with course beard types and cause a one and done situation. For those with less stout hairs, the smoothness and lack of long lasting edge will have these people praising this particular blade.

18. Queen of Blades

Actually, even some that only get one shave out of these blades praise them.

But yes, I get a ton of shaves out of these blades. No, I don't know how many. I get less shaves out of a Feather, though. Feathers are the only other blade I like, but the price and shorter life means I don't even have any Feathers in the house.

19. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

First off, let me welcome you to The Shave Den! A great community of guys and gals that enjoy wet shaving, I hope you enjoy your stay!

Be sure to sign up for the September Newbie Give-Away for a chance to win some great shave gear!

While its not required, how about you hop over to the Newbies Section and give yourself a proper introduction thread, I'm sure you'll receive many warm welcomes from the friendly folks of this community.

The Sharp brand blade worked well for me, lasted for 3-4 shaves IIRC. :think002:

20. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

and some who criticized them in the past have since learned better. I have since discovered that blades behave very differently in different razors. Ex: I thought that Merkurs were the worst blade in the world until I tried them out in the right razor and got a good shave.