Shave secret shave oil

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Shoebooty, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Shoebooty

Shoebooty Member

Does any one use this shave oil ? According to the instruction it says you don't have to use any shave cream or soap with it, just a few drops of the oil and rub it in to your skin that your going to shave and use water and just keep reapply water to keep your razor from dragging ? i have never tried it but i think i would still use shaving cream on top of the shave oil just to be safe then sorry.

2. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I don't use shave oils or lotions, but yeah that's how it works. A lot of people use them as pre-shaves, and some are meant just for that, but like latherless creams or lotions, there are ones meant just to be used as lubrication. As with any of these products, it's your shave and use them as you'd like!

GeneRector likes this.
  3. angrygio698

angrygio698 Member

I use it as a preshave with a eucalyptus cream like omega or proraso. It leaves a nice longer lasting menthol chill on the face. And because proraso is a bit drying on my face the oil leaves a nice face feel after the shave is complete

4. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I use shave secret as my pre-shave oil. I pick it up at wally world. It works very well as a pre-shave as long as I re-wet my face before adding lather for the second pass.

As a replacement for lather, it is only partially effective for me. The more water you can keep on your face, the better it will work. If you are the type that likes to shave in the shower, it may be great for you. But, I don't recommend it as a substitute for lather unless you are in the shower due to the amount of water you need on your face. Try it. What's the worst that could happen?

"Mommy - look at that man's face!!!!!" :shocked003:

5. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

i have tried it and use it on my 3rd pass and touch up it works but not the best .