Shaving body hair with safety razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Alex7, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Alex7

Alex7 Active Member

Does anyone here shave their ''private area'' with a safety razor? So far I've used trimmers. I'm worried about the nicks and cuts and also a safety razor blades is a little to wide(almost 45 mm ) to use in that area.

2. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

We will both probably get reported and scolded for contributing to a thread like this.......but yes. Don't push it and be careful and all will be good.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  3. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I am scarred for life.

4. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

It's just just skin. Like anywhere else pull slightly taught, maintain your angle and don't over do it. Two pass, WTG, XTG and you will get good results.

5. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

6. Alex7

Alex7 Active Member

Yea. Used the body groom with the foil shaver and it's terrible. Nicks and pulls.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2014
  7. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I use my safety razor on my junk. Usually the Tech Ball Handle (see what I did there? Eh? Eh?)

Seriously though, I do use that razor down there. Just be careful. Lots of cushy lather. And the little woman likes it so yeah.

VonDutch68 likes this.
  8. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I request a motion for a Personal Grooming section of the Forum. We have a Head shaving sub section please let these fellows have one for there "private" areas.

Bama Samurai and youngunn like this.
  9. Dr John

Dr John Member

I second that !

Bama Samurai and BigMark like this.
  10. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Yes, I always use my "Barber Pole" razor for this personal grooming. Seems appropriate...

VonDutch68, youngunn and 178-bplatoon like this.
  11. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I don't shave there regularly(usually just trim a bit with scissors) but have shaved( junk and pits) on occasion. When I did shave there I used a Trac2, a bit easier to see the area, maneuver and so less chance of a nick or cut.:)

youngunn likes this.
  12. youngunn

Someone in the history of manscaping has to have used a straight on the junk. Right?

Scary.

13. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

I did a triple-shimmed EJ89 on mine with an Astra SP, and it worked out fine. Just be super careful and don't chop your p3nar off.

youngunn likes this.
  14. youngunn

This thread is cracking me up.

15. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

Be sure to give everything a good dousing in witch-hazel when you're done (maybe that should be dowsing, eh?). :shocked003: It's purported to help treat those piles as well, so two stones...err, make that two birds with one stone. ;)

Talk aboot a bawhare awa' fae perfection! [​IMG]

"There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking..." - Dr. Evil

youngunn likes this.
  16. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:happy097: Someone VERY brave!! Think about the cavemen, those piece of chipped obsidian are WAY sharper then a steel blade!! :happy102:

youngunn likes this.
  17. Hardlyanic

Hardlyanic Active Member

Hell no. No more used razors for me.......................

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  18. Sparkfly88

Sparkfly88 plain

I have no issues using my autostrop and feather blades... Been doing it all year.

19. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

It's the shaving brushes you have to watch out for.

20. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Now I expect someone will say something about a Wee Scot....Oh wait, I just did.

youngunn, jeraldgordon and mikewood like this.