Shaving crisis

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Greg Huddson, May 8, 2015.

1. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD "Greg"

First off "NEVER" let shaving raise or lower your self-esteem. I'm old and know many grown men and woman with the same condition you have and that's all it is a condition not a problem. Try being a woman with the same condition on your legs. If your face is smooth your shaving correctly. If I were you I wouldn't worry about it, after high school grow a moustache. Good Luck! :happy088:

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I'll just say HI!

3. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

Hey welcome!

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Shouldn't you also mention "the bars" royalty fee? :D

5. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Welcome to the Den! You found a good place to learn, from all of the experts here. I have always had a light beard. I can go three days between shaves befor anyone but me would notice. I rarely ever go against the grain ATG on my upper lip, as it gives me too much irritation. I will go across the grain XTG and that may help you. Good luck!:eatdrink047:

6. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

My nephew had the same problem. He was shaving with one of those cartridge razors and can gloop. when he came to visit, he saw me shave and the smooth BBS that I got. I taught him my way and he's getting great shaves ever since.

1- Soak the beard with the hot tap water, this softens the whiskers, Hydrating the beard is very important. and Again Wet the Beard, then wet it again. Oh I forgot to mention, Wet The Beard, and don't forget the Whiskers.
    2- Get a shaving brush, a puck of shave soap or cream and mug or bowl, get one from kitchen cupboard (but ask mom first, you don't want her rolling pin to connect with your noggin) a DE razor and blade ( maybe a Microtouch kit at Walmart as a start) Get brush good and wet, shake out till much of water is out, then swirl brush over soap, apply to face in swirling figure eight motion, lightly dip brush in water (Oh fill sink with some hot water) swirl brush on face till you get a nice lather , then brush teeth and then start to shave. I shave ATG but maybe you should start with WTG, XTG till you get used to your razor, lite or no pressure on the razor, depending on razor weight. The angle of the razor is important, start with the razor parallel to the floor, then bring down till you hear the whiskers cutting about 30 degrees. It helps to pull the skin as your shaving especially around the neck and jaw. Relather for second then third pass if needed and maybe touchup. Rinse face in cold water, dry and add aftershave. Oh and get a sample pack of different razor blades. Not every blade is the same.
    In a short time, or maybe longer you'll be enjoying every morning shave and get that BBS every time. Remember, every beard is different, so what razor, blade or soap that may work for one man may not work for another.
    Happiness is that BBS, Denis