shaving every day?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by brit, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I'm a daily shaver. My beard grows fast and I don't like the itchy feeling or scruffy look that goes with skipping a day. If I have an evening rendezvous I shave again.

2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Daily shaver here! Yes, it's for work and I actually look forward to it. Even weekends I shave as that's my straight razor time.

Hodge, brit and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Daily

brit likes this.
  4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I could easily skip a day between shaves, but shave M-F for work and then take most weekends off.

brit and Robyflexx like this.
  5. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

This ^^^. Sometimes I just shave a second time for the heck of it because I enjoy it.

It is very seldom that I miss a day.

Hodge, brit, Redrock and 1 other person like this.
  6. Rocket Shave

Rocket Shave New Member

I usually shave every day. I just can't go too long, or it drives me crazy.

brit and Redrock like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    For years I wore a beard and only shaved my neck every 2-3 days. I've been retired since 2011 and took up wet shaving soon after. I shave every day. I do two passes, and I look forward the next shave just as soon as I put on the aftershave.

8. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

:happy088: +1

brit and Redrock like this.
  9. Rafferty Carnell

Rafferty Carnell New Member

Work requires clean shave. Ditched my electric because my beard growth has slowed (56yr old) and electric made my face raw. Use safety razor, no shave Saturdays, I do three passes early in the beginning of the week and one pass on my half days. Chin and just under jaw line might get a little more attention one one pass days.

PickledNorthern and RetLEO-07 like this.
  10. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Welcome to the Den!

11. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Pretty much ditto that comment.

12. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

I enjoy my morning shave. Being retired I take my time and get a 2 pass + touvhup for a BBS, sometimes I'll do a third pass just for the heck of it. And my wife appreciates the smooth face.

brit likes this.
  13. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

I started needing 'touch ups' by age 10. Mom was a beautician and everything had to be perfect. By 12 I was introduced to a 2 blade cartridge. I have been shaving daily ever since. I am so bad that for my wedding I used 2 electrics and a cartridge to get a decent shave. I was 5 o'clock by one or two. My wife insists on a clean shave. Privileges are withheld for stubble or facial hair. I was off for a week and decided to let it grow. I had full coverage by the end. The wife insisted I cut it and while I showered I showed off a clean beard, goatee, foomanchoo, a moustashe and finally clean. She shrugged off each partial cut. Now, a 3 pass it the minimum for a BBS.

I am so glad to have found wet shaving. It no longer feels like a chore or just the daily routine. I really enjoy the whole process.

Enjoy whatever growth you have. It is the only face you are going to get.

Bama Samurai, Norcalnewb and brit like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

part of my 3 day cycle was caused by carts,always had irritation.i am comfortably at every second day with a 3 pass now as long as i am careful and not greedy.face adapting.i also sported a goatee for many years to reduce the amount i had to shave.

15. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

I shave my head and face every other day. I wish I could shave everyday because I enjoy it, but I don't because my facial doesn't grow that fast and I actually like how 1 days facial growth looks on me.

Col C and brit like this.
  16. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

When your skin feels best with shaving every two or three days, that's probably what you should do. It's your face and your shave.

brit likes this.
  17. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    :signs011:

18. jsw41

jsw41 Member

I shave every day, can't stand stubble. The closer you shave today, the easier tomorrow's shave.

Bama Samurai, brit and RetLEO-07 like this.
  19. Jarvis

Jarvis Active Member

I don't have a lot of facial hair and can get away with shaving every other day or two but since wet shaving a few years back I've been shaving every day because it's so enjoyable.

Hodge, brit and Matt0210 like this.
  20. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Same. I shave my head and can't stand the Velcro feel that comes within a day

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bama Samurai and brit like this.