Shaving head and face while wearing glasses

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by hvacguy85, Mar 15, 2017.

1. hvacguy85

hvacguy85 Well-Known Member

Due to an eye injury at work ( thanks copper shavings). I'm now wearing glasses instead of contacts during the work week. Lathered up some razorback puros and went to work, figured I'd only shave without glasses where neccesary (blind as a bat without glasses). Of course first stroke drew quarter inch cut right behind the ear, think I may have been a little too cocky, now I've gotta get a whole new technique down for this part, this will be fun.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

IT is a different world with glasses. I try to not tilt ny head back as far. Use my hand more to stretch the skin. I am sure you will find something that works for you.

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I take my glasses off when I shave. So far, so good...

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  4. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Try getting away from the mirror and shaving by feel. It's awkward at first and I admit, not as enjoyable, but I had to shave by feel for a long while and I quickly realized it was easier.

5. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Me too. All's well so far.

6. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I shave my head by feel all of the time - of course I use a Trac II so its pretty hard to cut myself. I've tried wearing glasses or contacts when shaving my face, but then I have to tilt my head for bifocals or find reading glasses with contacts, so I just shave my face blind as well.

MR41 likes this.
  7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I am bump into stuff blind with out something to look through. I would cut something important off.:cool:

Jayaruh likes this.
  8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I am pretty good at a distance, but forget about reading anything up close. I cannot read anything I am typing without my glasses.

wchnu likes this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

You have to work by feeel when you do the back of your head anyway. You need to learn to shave the rest of it that way, if you can't see it. If you want to practice without risk, lather up & try it with no blade in your razor.

10. hvacguy85

hvacguy85 Well-Known Member

Tried again tonight slowing down and using more caution, made a world of difference, no nicks no cuts

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sara-s and wchnu like this.
  11. FranklinFurter

FranklinFurter Well-Known Member

I also take my glasses off while shaving. A few times, I've had that cut just below the ear lobe (on the side of the hand I was shaving with). What happened was that, as a result of poor vision, I did not have the razor level when I applied it to this area--an instant nick was the result. I've since tried to use a continuous line (without removing the razor) from the lower cheek and on down along the neck. It keeps the angle correct. It works for me.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    RetLEO-07 likes this.