Shaving myths

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Engblom, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Epimetheus

Epimetheus Well-Known Member

Bwahahahaha !

2. Epimetheus

Epimetheus Well-Known Member

The (insert name here) razor/blade/soap is the best because it worked for ME!

3. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

I've always shaved a 2 pass ATG + touchup. Most of the time a BBS. Not much luck WTG shave

4. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

Where are you getting your personna reds? Having a hard time finding them.

5. Tallships

mylesc1234 and Joef like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  8. mylesc1234

mylesc1234 Active Member

Well. It would save money if we didn't use the money we save on blades on soaps and more blades and aftershave and balms and razors and soap and blades and creams and soaps and blades and soaps and creams. I think you get the point haha.

chrisbd, Kizurra, Marverel and 2 others like this.
  9. mylesc1234

mylesc1234 Active Member

Goodbye Wet Shaving! Hello Infinity Razor!!!!!

I'm back. The blades were dull right out of the box and I cut off half my face. The other half is nice and smooth thanks my my MTO and my Personna Reds.

chrisbd and Joef like this.
  10. Tallships

We mustn't forget the 20 odd vintage razors.. Years ago life was so simple with 1 DE razor

chrisbd and mylesc1234 like this.
  11. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I still like the DE89. I should have stayed with it and not bought every razor I saw. Then I would have really " saved money by wetshaving ". Except for the soaps and after shaves and brushes and........

chrisbd, mylesc1234 and Marverel like this.
  12. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

I know exactly how you feel. I started with the DE89 and it does most of my shaving. The slim and the fatboy still see service but the others are just shelf candy now. It doesn't work for everyone. I had to "go around the horn" before coming home and realizing that it was a great choice for me.

chrisbd likes this.
  13. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Maybe, but my razor still serves me fine. No need to go looking for something else.

chrisbd likes this.
  14. DrTerror

DrTerror Well-Known Member

There is shavers,and then there is collectors,if you are happy with what you have,why change?.Good on you Eeyore!.

chrisbd likes this.
  15. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

True, but it's not a myth then ... some people do use the same razor every day.

I could not live with just one soap though ;)

16. Tallships

Yup, I used to be a one razor brush soap etc. man but then I found this place and my little spot on the shelf in the Medicine Cabinet turned into a whole 4 shelf plus Razor and brush wall hanging area Shave Den. Oh well

chrisbd and mrchick like this.
  17. DrTerror

DrTerror Well-Known Member

Good on you!,I am more of a collector/restorer,so I use a different razor every shave!,but if you have found what suits you,why change?.
    A great shave,is a great shave,so why try and fix what isn't broken?.

chrisbd and mrchick like this.
  18. Herk

Herk Member

I enjoy collecting razors but have narrowed my daily shave down to one or two razors. I don't really have any other collections so my wife doesn't mind. A box of razors doesn't take up much space.

chrisbd, Eeyore and mrchick like this.
  19. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

And it's less expensive than collecting vintage cars or motorcycles!

chrisbd likes this.