Should I use them or keep them?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Mouser, Jul 27, 2013.

?

Should I keep them or use them?

1. Keep them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Use them

100.0%
  1. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

I just picked up two packs of Gillette Platinum Plus double edge blades, 15 to a pack, in metal dispensers and still carded. Unopened. They're marked on the cards at $2.49 . I don't know how old they are, how good they are, and if I should use them or keep them. What do you all say?

2. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

Keep one...Use One?

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Depends. Did you buy them to sell in 15 years and make enough to retire? If not, I say use 'em.

BigT likes this.
  4. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Use em.

5. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Use them! As long as they aren't rusty, you are safe like a home run. Since they are carded, you are probably good to go. The only bad thing is that if you like them, you know they are made of unobtanium at some point.

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Use one and keep one.

7. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

Bad bad night. Just getting my self together. I think I'll put one in and see. It's amazing that there are ANY around if they are any good,but if they are I want to know asap so I can start collecting.

8. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

well, tore me up. adios platinum plus.

9. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Sucks Mouser, but now you know you don't have to worry about wanting one more scarcity.

10. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

upon closer inspection, with my glasses on, I see that something has been spilled over the blade and dried. I'll dig thru the pack until I find an unaffected one.