Silly question on soap use

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Cutthroat_trout, Jan 24, 2008.

1. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

How I do It

For Soaps:

1) Soak the brush in warm, not hot, water until ready to shave.
    2) While the brush is soaking, soften up the top of the soap with 1/2 tsp of warm water.
    3) Drain brush of most excess water giving it one good shake.
    4) Charge brush with soap.
    5) Start making lather in bowl or mug with a light swirling and pumping motion.
    6) Add drops of warm water as needed to the brush breech until lather starts to explode.

If I'm having trouble getting enough lather, I need enough lather for a pre shave lather plus 3 passes, I will gently scrape or squeeze the soap out of the brush into the bowl, wet the tips of the brush, recharge the brush with soap and then proceed to make lather as before.

2. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Johan......

See ??
    I told you ;)

3. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

nuff said.

4. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

+1 on that :D

Oh, and I can really recommend watching all of mantics videos, after that you'll know the drill :)

5. This has all been great advise ! Used it this morning and worked perfectly. However, Johan's advise to heat the mug resulted in my wooden bowl catching fire.

6. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Which means you didn't read the instructions correctly, I bet you'll read it thoroughly next time ;) , you should heat the lather mug, not the soap bowl... (And I strongly suspect that was going to happen anyway, if your water is so hot it starts fires! Do you live on top of a volcano?:p)

7. There was just a touch of humor with that.

Lee

8. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Same here, hence the smilies ;)

9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :happy097 :happy097 :happy097 :happy097 :happy097

You 2 will fit in just perfectly here.

10. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Aww.. bummer.. does that mean I have to find a new forum to terrorize? :rolleyes:

11. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Hmmmm.........you might want to work on your terrorizing skills. Practice makes perfect! ;)

12. Is it safe to come out ?

Lee

13. Padron

Padron Active Member

Soo, how did the soap work for you Lee? :D

14. Whew - I used the Rose Garden from TSD - It was very nice !

Lee

15. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I think ?

Lee

16. Padron

Padron Active Member

Excellent, great news...I love the TSD Rose soap I have, a much better Rose scent than soaps costing 5 times the price and still providing a great shave ;)

17. momo360

momo360 New Member

Is it comparable to any other rose scent? Could I bother you to a description of the scent?

thanks,

Moe

18. Padron

Padron Active Member

Sorry Moe,

Just seen this post, well, you just had me in the bathroom smelling most of the rose soaps & creams I have...I have a bit of a cold now...but, to me it has a somewhat similar scent to Trumpers Coral Skin Food, but stronger and more rosey....

I have the TSD Victorian Rose soap,

compared to my Trumpers Rose soap and cream, the scent of the TSD Soap is stronger and more Rosey and definately less chemically smelling the the Trumpers Rose soap..smells more Rosey and stronger then my Coates Rose cream, although the Coates has a bit of earthyness to it similar to the "Old" Taylors of Old Bond Street Rose cream...still have half a jar left :D

Side by side with QED Wild Rose the scent strength is pretty close, but there is a noticeable difference in scent.....both are very enjoyable :cool:

Hope that helps a bit, sorry no expert here on describing scents :o

Neale

19. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Well, as long as you didn't burn your whiskers away ;)

20. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

And do watch the Mantic Videos
    They really helped and help me on my journey to BBS
    :)
    Tom