Sir Irisch Moos Shaving Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by brothers, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

West Coast Shaving. It is the creation of a B&B member named LetterK. It all started with sample packs he sold on B&B and later on he moved operation to a website. Now he carries creams, aftershaves, and other shave goods.

He took up the shipping job of a group buy for Irish Moos shave stick that is about a month over due.

Just so everyone knows, I'm not mad about it I just posted what was a that time the latest update.

2. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get 10 sticks. I've been in touch with Paul and he's quoted me a price.

I will be redistributing 7 of those, most likely. I want to mill one and keep 2 intact, but the others I will put up in the BST for CONUS. Cost is TBD but they'll probably be door to door for about 15 or 16 bucks per stick.

I really don't want to step on any retailer's toes is the only thing... although I'm sure with the amount of press that IM has been getting, 7 sticks floating around is a drop in the bucket.

Plus it will be nice to finally see some of this stuff in the USA.

Just as an FYI, I'm not making any commitments until I have the sticks in hand and will probably limit one per person.

Stay tuned!

3. Affirmative. ;)

4. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Way to go Zen! Let us know how long the travel time is:)

5. Payment is made as of 10am today (just now). So the countdown begins...

Paul says that he ships priority mail so with any luck I'll be getting a shipment by St. Pattys day, if not before. :D

6. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Thats awesome! At least we will know what the approx shipping time will be.

7. LS48

LS48 New Member

Zen,
    Would you consider taking reservations or are you just going to do first come, first served on B-S-T?

FWIW regarding Irisch Moos, my main interest has to do with wanting to achieve a "Tabac" shave, which I love, with a different scent. I imagine others may feel this way. Sometimes the interest in these things takes on a life of its own, eventually working its way to a frenzy. A lot of that has to do with just not being able to get something. But it looks like Irisch Moos is working its way toward availablity, from different fronts, and will eventually be a more common product in our hobby. Thanks for your efforts.

Cheers, Larry

8. You know, I thought about that after the fact.

I want to be fair in making these available and I'm not quite sure what circumstances lie between now and having the sticks in hand. I suppose I could set aside the sticks rather than putting them on the BST on a first come first serve basis... I will post a thread with instructions on how to reserve a stick.

9. LS48

LS48 New Member

Sounds good, Zen. It seems like, with all the interest, you will pobably distribute your order in short time. Superlather supposedly has some in the works and, of course, B&B group buy is way late. Heck, you may get yours before anyone.

Thanks, Larry

10. I hope you're right about me getting them quickly.

There are spots available on the Irisch Moos Stick reservation list in this thread.