Smelling like a man

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Lady_Badger, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Lady_Badger

Lady_Badger Active Member

I LOVE how Mr. Badger smells now! And I mean love! Not that he didn't smell fantastic after a shower before, but before he got into DE shaving and learned the beauty of good old fashioned shave soaps and creams, pre-shave oils, tonics, old school and home made aftershaves..he smelled good, but smelled of mass market cologne and AS. Now once emerged from the bathroom "I mean his den" he smells of wonderful pure sensual scents. Like sandalwoods, citruses, and rich masculine scents. Just the smells pouring out of the bathroom alone is intoxicating. I told him tonight he smells like a man...It's nice to cuddle up with him and smell the mixes of aromas after his shower and shave. (Which is every night now days) So thank you Shave Den and DE shaving for making my badger smell so great!

2. Badger-Face

Badger-Face Well-Known Member

What I thought you like the old wild badger smell.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks Hun. That's a pretty cool thread you made there.

3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Thats a 'Collateral' Benefit....I wasn't thinking about it when I first got involved with TWS...But I love it now...and I immediately recognized the shavecave aroma from my youth...passing by my Pop's Shave-Cave...;)

4. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

The aroma from the Omega soap cream in a tub smells like the barber shop I used to go to. Nostalgia at it's finest. I can smell it for hours. Then there are the subtle hints from AS, possible PSO, and balms. Oh the Zen.

Lady_Badger and Badger-Face like this.
  5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Anything is better than the smell of wet badger. Just sayin. :innocent

6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Once my husband got home from Iraq, I enjoyed those nice scents even more, as they were a tangible reminder that he was home, safe & sound.

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Boy. That's sounds like a new book.
    Fifty scents of shaving... Coming to a bedroom near you!

8. richgem

50 Shades of Red: A Connoisseur's History of Multi-blade Shaving.

9. Badger-Face

I was going to post on here but while I was typing I got a little carried away and just decided to make a thread out of it lol. Ashley (and everybody) check out Smelling Like a Dad.

Lady_Badger likes this.
  10. Badger-Face

50 shades of badger hair. Lol

Lady_Badger likes this.
  11. Lady_Badger

My father smelled of brut

Badger-Face likes this.
  12. Lady_Badger

Lol

Badger-Face likes this.
  13. Lady_Badger

Great thread HunHun

Badger-Face likes this.
  14. Lady_Badger

Yup Christian Gray has nothing on my badger

beemers and Badger-Face like this.
  15. richgem

Yep, there's one for outta context.

GDCarrington and Badger-Face like this.
  16. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

A Badger that cares.

Well done.

Badger-Face likes this.
  17. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

As a man who gravitates naturally to floral scents - particularly white florals like jasmine - I have to wonder what 'smelling like a man' entails. I wasn't aware that scent was gender-specific.

HolyRollah likes this.
  18. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Floral, Powdery or Fruity= feminine; Woodsy, Musky or Spicy=masculine — in the broadest general sense.
    There are plenty of cross-over fragrances that appeal to both sexes—some herbal and spicy blends are rather non-gender specific, as well as other scent mixes. My wife loves all types of perfumes having work retail for years, and has a pretty good nose about detecting the subtleties in fragrances. She'll tell me directly if, to her nose, my new cologne or aftershave has more masculine or feminine aspects to it.

Paul Turner and Badger-Face like this.
  19. Badger-Face

I think my wife if more or less saying I'm not coming out smelling of white Dimoands and she's not putting on to much Tim McGraw or Stetson. I do get what your saying. But she's just talking about commercially sexed scents. I have no problem shaving with a shaving cream that has a bit of flora in it and she has used my saddle wood scented shaving cream.

20. Badger-Face

Very well put.