Soap/Cream Rotation?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by COMPNOR, Jan 27, 2017.

1. JohnnyTex

JohnnyTex Well-Known Member

"All The Way, AIRBORNE!!" ......ACO 2/505 82ND ABN DIV 84-87 HOORAH!!!

My rotation...
    I have my soaps in stacks on one shelf and my creams on another shelf.
    I pick the one on top, then it goes to the bottom of the stack. Then I move to the next stack.
    What I like to do is switch from my soaps one day to my creams the next...so it's a soap one day, then a cream the next.

I don't go for seasonal. I just pick what's next on the top of the next stack. Works for me.

Razors...I use my favorites which really has no particular order. Some unfortunately don't get used very often...I should work on that.

Brushes are an area where I don't really have much of a selection.
    I use my Omega 10066 for hard soaps which I load and then bowl lather.
    The Semogue 620... I use for croaps or softer soaps and then face lather.
    The Savile Row badger...creams only.

COMPNOR and RetLEO-07 like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I've considered trying that.

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Ohhhhhhhhhh boy, here we go:

Yes, it's true (as so many of my SoS posts say) that my favorite soaps are Stirling, BUT: here are other brands which I'll slide into my rotation.

In no particular order:

OSP
    TSD
    Krampert's
    Mickey Lee Soapworks
    Razorock
    First Canadian

4. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I rotate, my shaving soap by the "Three Stooges Method" 'Eeny, meeny, miny, mo'. I do that with my eyes closed. Then when my shaving mug is low on shaving soap I put another puck in it. I have several Shaving Mugs that I use. I just rotate them. which ever shaving soap is in the mug is the one that I use that day. I have a couple of shaving cream in cans, I use them when we travel. I need to either get a shaving mug that's made out of plastic or rubber that won't break if and when it's dropped, or use some of the plastic containers that were given to my by @Salty Belle, or just take one or two of the shaving soaps that I got from Ebay or Amazon, that are plastic.

COMPNOR likes this.
  5. Otto

Otto Member

My method has been to use the same soap Mon-Fri and then try a different one Sat and Sun (yes usually shave every day). That way I get closer to actually completely using one entire tub and justifying another purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk