Soap Pass-Around 2016 Volume I

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PLAla, Jul 2, 2016.

1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I have participated in a few pass-arounds on here with much satisfaction. The members of TSD are quite generous and intent upon making this hobby enjoyable for everyone.

We all have soaps that aren't our favorites or don't receive much use. However, they may be a winner for another member. Without buying samples or full tubs we could use an opportunity to try some that are new to us.

With that in mind I am going to initiate a Shaving Soap Pass-Around for CONUS TSD members.

The specifics:
    • CONUS members only
    • Only shaving soaps and creams are in this pass-around
    • I will initiate a box of a few shaving soaps that aren't getting much use in my den
    • The next person in line will receive the box and try any soap they like
    • You will agree to keep the soap box for no more than a week
    • If you enjoy one or more of the soaps you may KEEP it as long as you REPLACE that soap
    • That means if a soap puck has 75% remaining then you will replace with another soap that has 75% or more remaining
    • Please consider contributing soaps of excellent quality and ones you enjoy or would recommend
    • You don't have to keep any soaps; you may use them and then send on the same inventory if you wish
    • Let's avoid the addition of common soaps widely available (Williams, VDH, etc.). Those are great soaps but most of us can get those easily
    • Shipping will be done by USPS Priority Mail with tracking. A small or medium flat rate box should suffice
    • Please take care in the packing of the materials
    • Please communicate the tracking number to the next recipient
    • I will help coordinate the flow of the pass-around
    • Please post a picture in this thread of the contents of the box upon arrival
    • Please post any SOTD pictures, reviews of soaps, reactions, etc. in this thread, as well as other threads that you might normally use
    • If you decide to keep a soap please post a picture of your takes
    • Then post a picture of your replacements
    I am using the term "soap" here but this can include shave cream as well. Let's use brushable creams and not brushless.

Soap samples can be added to the box but please not in place of a larger tub.

Respect and communication are key! Respect for the process, the products, and your fellow members as well as a good flow of communication upon receipt of the box, your gives and takes, and between members for good flow.

Again, this is limited to shaving soaps and creams. A hardware pass-around is a great idea and could be initiated by another member. There is also the Nationwide Box Tour that will be resuming its path soon.

If you are interested - Please post your interest in this thread. Then PM with your name, address, phone number, and email address.

Happy shaving and I look forward to trying out this endeavor!
    ----------

Entrants:

1. dustmite (enjoyed the box)
    2. twhite (enjoyed the box)
    3. DaltonGang (enjoyed the box)
    4. Hank (enjoyed the box)
    5. Straight razor dandy (enjoyed the box)
    6. IDuck (enjoyed the box)
    7. old-school shaver (enjoyed the box)
    8. zoltetov (enjoyed the box)
    9. whiteboy_cannon (enjoyed the box)
    10. NickMach007 (enjoyed the box)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    twhite likes this.
  2. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Good idea, but I would counter and say add something to the box that is top notch and you love and you want others to try. That way it doesn't become a dumping ground of sorts for stuff one doesn't like.

Good luck though!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

twhite and PLAla like this.
  3. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

If there's nothing against a relatively new member, I'd be interested.

PLAla likes this.
  4. PLAla

Good idea!

5. PLAla

Of course! New members are encouraged. This can really benefit you. Just put in what you can, or try the soaps and not take any.

Send me a PM with your name, address, phone, and email.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    whiteboy_cannon and dustmite like this.
  6. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Excellent! PM incoming.

PLAla likes this.
  7. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Way to go @PLAla

Lets get this thing rolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLAla likes this.
  8. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I forgot to mention. Please add me to the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whiteboy_cannon and PLAla like this.
  9. PLAla

Fantastic! Glad to have you aboard. I think I still have your address from sending the Bunny back to you.

whiteboy_cannon and twhite like this.
  10. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Oh fun fun fun, I'm in. I love trying new soaps.

PLAla likes this.
  11. Hank

Hank Active Member

I'm definitely in! I just posted a thread about needing new soaps

12. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Im in.
    In other passarounds i have participated in before, there was an ongoing list of the products in the passaround and of the order of recipients. Will that be done as well?

PLAla and twhite like this.
  13. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Oh, i also sent my PM

14. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

I'm in the US (innocently whistling) but I just need the box posting via the UK ... ;)

PLAla and dustmite like this.
  15. PLAla

16. PLAla

The order of recipients is listed at the end of my original post - I'm updating that as people join. I won't keep a running list of inventory items - that should be taken care of with everyone's pictures of the contents upon arrival, pics of the soaps you decide to take, and the ones you put in for replacement. Use the pictures for inventory purposes.

twhite likes this.
  17. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

great great great idea...Im in

PLAla likes this.
  18. PLAla

Great to have you aboard! Please send me your name, address, number, and email in a PM.

IDuck likes this.
  19. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

done.

PLAla likes this.
  20. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Quick question

You need to establish a box first before there can be a pass around. Are you going to ask for soaps to be sent to you to set up the box? That way the first few guys aren't gipped with no soaps in the box.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

PLAla and twhite like this.