Soap Pass-around Volume II - 2017

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PLAla, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Randy,
    Why not post it here too. When I have been using a Passaround soap, I change it a bit to really detail the soap where as in the 30 Day thread, it is focused on tools and technique. It is up to you. My feeling is that the more I post here, the greater the chance of drumming up interest not only in the box but in the soaps I got to try from the box.

I will continue to post my thoughts of the soaps I sampled from the box here as well.

then again, I may get told to shut up :).

2. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I'm game for that. Just didn't want to bore anyone to death with duplicate posts. There also may be few razor, brush or soap comments someone unrelated to the pass-around, but "cutting and pasting" shave reviews and/or tweaking them is certainly easy enough if folks are interested.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    ob1page, PLAla and RyX like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Same here. My 30 Day posts are overall reports. SOTD posts are minimal only listing items used, or question to others. When I post here I copy/paste 30 Day info, remove hardware info if it's irrelevant & boost soap data. If I have an AS that goes well with the Soap of the Day I'll say so.

ob1page, PLAla and BaylorGator like this.
  4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

You're not going to bore anyone. I usually post my shaves in three spots - SOTD, 30-Day thread, and Injector and SE Party. Different folks read and look at the different threads. I'll change the info a little bit for each post. I try to talk mainly about the razor in the Injector thread, give the most detail in the 30-Day thread, and an overall summary in SOTD. I'll certainly post my shaves in this thread once I start using items from the box.

BaylorGator, RyX and ob1page like this.
  5. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Sounds awesome guys!

I was afraid I was starting to talk, um I mean post too much.

Looking forward to hearing your opinions on the soaps I have tried and have yet to try.

RyX, PLAla and ob1page like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

No such, Sir! I spend enough time talking to myself, it's good to have other voices in my head. I already know my opinions. Hearing what others have to say brings me new information. That was the whole purpose of The Box!

PLAla, BaylorGator and ob1page like this.
  7. RSHWETSHAVE

RSHWETSHAVE Member

I can't wait to get the box! Do you have the tracking info?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

PLAla, RyX and ob1page like this.
  8. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

It should be to you soon. If you want to PM me on Monday when I'm back at work, I can check and send out a tracking number.

PLAla and RyX like this.
  9. PLAla

RyX likes this.
  10. RSHWETSHAVE

RSHWETSHAVE Member

Just got it. On my way to open it up and check it out!

11. PLAla

Terrific!

RyX likes this.
  12. RyX

RyX DoH!

SOTD 05152017.gif
    Clubman Pinaud Shave Soap
    B-400 Tuxedo brush
    The Bunny V3.1, Chick blade
    Pinaud Clubman AS

Today I dipped into The Soap Pass-around samples and up popped Clubman Shave Soap. It seemed to create lather quickly, but didn't have any particular Pinaud scent. It just smelled soapy. I think Paul @Paul Turner did some shaves with the same, and had wished for more Clubman-ness. Applied there's some dissipation but the glide remains. That could be a use more product issue.
    It's now 12 hours later and I feel well hydrated. The quality of the soap is acceptable. With fine tuning I think I could get to like it. With a splash of Clubman AS in the bowl, or added to the tub it would be pretty good.

ob1page and PLAla like this.
  13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You recall correctly, because it was described as having the Clubman VANILLA scent, so why did they just call it Clubman without adding the word "Vanilla"?

RyX and PLAla like this.
  14. RSHWETSHAVE

RSHWETSHAVE Member

Wow. This box is amazing. Used CB Un Joir Gris today and wow.

Love the scent (I know many people don't care for it)

Easy to load, great lather (nice and slick), and great post shave. Didn't need to apply post shave balm.

15. RyX

RyX DoH!

Thank you Paul for the one detail I forgot. I haven't tried the vanilla Clubman AS so I had nothing to compare the soap scent to.

16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Happy to pitch in and comment :).

ob1page, RyX and PLAla like this.
  17. RSHWETSHAVE

RSHWETSHAVE Member

So now that I have the box I have an idea of the soaps I want to add. Let me know if you guys are excited about the additions or would prefer not to have them in the box.

1. Full 8oz tub of HTGAM Synergy (in my top 3 soaps of all time)
    2. Full 4oz tub of PAA Bayrum
    3. Half tub of Mike's Natural Coconut
    4. Quarter tub of Tobs Jermyn Street
    5. Sample of Tobs Grapefruit and Aos Sandalwood
    6. Sample of Mike's Natural Vetiver
    7. Sample of PAA The Beech

These are soaps I've come to love and use on a weekly basis. I have an extra tin of HTGAM and an extra PAA.

18. RSHWETSHAVE

RSHWETSHAVE Member

Here's the picture. [​IMG]

19. PLAla

Those look great! I haven't tried any of those, other than Jack Black, so they seem like terrific additions in my opinion.

ob1page and RyX like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

Yup, all sound like good stuff, and most new*to*me.
    Perry @PLAla will have a totally different mix when The Box returns to him!

PLAla and ob1page like this.