Soap scum, I don't like it!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by TobyC, May 21, 2018.

1. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

"Charleston Water System has moderately soft water. Our lab measures hardness in parts per million (ppm), but it can also be expressed in grains per gallon (gpg). The average hardness level of our water is 58.4 ppm, or 3.4 gpg"

[​IMG]

Frijolero and RyX like this.
  2. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

One solution I’ve found is to buy more brushes. That way each brush gets used less often and any soap buildup takes much longer.

The same system can also be applied to razors.

I only have one shave sink though, so I make sure I wipe it down daily.

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Ok I missed we were talking about a brush. Never had soap not wash off a brush.

TobyC and Frijolero like this.
  4. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Maybe just the Arko?

5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    You are SOOOO fortunate.
    My water:

Homewater_GrainsPerGallon.png

jeraldgordon, Paul Turner and TobyC like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

This is off topic, but that comment reminds me of when some friends of my parents went to a tennis tournament, where the program was a singles match followed by a doubles match. They left before the doubles match, because (to quote one of the friends)"We never heard of them before". A wise-cracking good-natured guy came right back with "They probably never heard of YOU, either!".

jeraldgordon likes this.
  7. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Ouch!!! :eek:

Move down to Tennessee!

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

3 colors for Colorado. I'll be in the "Slightly Hard" areas throughout my stay, but it doesn't matter much if I don't have a shave soap, does it?

9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    You have pots and pans don't you? Water faucets? Shower heads? Water heater? Get my drift? Calcium and mineral deposits reek havoc on a home's plumbing.

TobyC likes this.
  10. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

And any kind of soap will lather better and clean better with softer water, like bar soap, dish soap, shampoo, body wash, etc.

Primotenore likes this.