Soap stick reviews

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by freddy88, Jun 29, 2009.

1. freddy88

freddy88 Member

Because soap sticks seem to be of interest to quite a few people, would it make sense to have a separate review section for them? Are soap sticks always the same as bowl soaps made by the same company so that separate reviews might not be needed? However, packaging of sticks is very different and does seem to vary from stick to stick; this might be of interest to travelers. Also, sticks seem to be used more for face lathering and bowls for brush lathering so people might be interested in one type more than another.

Just a thought. Good idea? :) Not so good? :o

2. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Freddy you know that for me thats a good idea:D:D:D,lets see what the others thinks.

3. Austin

Austin Member

Shave soap is shave soap. Regardless how you package it.

4. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Youre right about that Austin,but a sub forum inside of the shaving soaps reviews dedicated to shavesticks would be handy(at least for me)

5. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I don't think there's enough to warrant Sparky going through the trouble of adding a whole new subforum to the Review section, and of moving the current stick threads over to it. To me, it's still a soap - no matter what shape or form it's in. Plus, keeping it in the same section, it'll be easier to read the reviews of both (for those that have both - Wilkinson, Erasmic, Tabac, etc...).

6. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Yeah....what Matt said. There really arent enough sticks to warrant an entire review section really. Maybe a shave stick sticky with reviews attached would be nice. Maybe a brief explanation of each and maybe a pictorial on the use of shave sticks as well. I havent tried enough different sticks so I wont volunteer myself for that thread;) Even though I think pictures are cool:)

7. freddy88

freddy88 Member

Okay guys, your points are well taken. It was just an idea and I can see where it might lead to unnecessary bulk to the site. Thanks.