soapy bathman?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Hersh, Jan 4, 2015.

1. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I'll weigh in too, since I just used my Irish Waterfall this morning.

To start, I would say this soap performs VERY similar to my large tin of Synergy (HTGAM / Razorock) The Beach. I bought this tub of Irish Waterfall from PAA in December, so I'm pretty sure it's the old formula. I know the tin of Synergy I'm comparing it to is Douglas' original formula. To me, it lathered and shaved almost identical to my Synergy soap.

That being said, this is a tier 2 soap for me. It's not a bad soap by any means. But for me, it lacks a little protection, doesn't seem to have the residual slickness, and post shave feels a little tacky or chalky, compared to my 3 top performing soaps. For reference, my top performers are Stirling, WSP Formula T, and Route 66.

My other Tier 2 soaps are Synergy, Razorock, Mike's, and Catie's Bubbles. If any of those soaps are in your personal top tier, then you should definitely try Soapy Bathman too.

crackstar likes this.
  2. andyr

andyr Member

I just started a container of Freshly Cleaned Laundry soap. It has a light, but fresh, smell. I agree with the others that this is a level 2 soap. I may by it again if it's on sale.

Yehuda D likes this.