SoS: April 24, 2017 - April 30, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Apr 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Arko Adjustable April!!!!!

April 30

Razor - Soviet Consul (6)
    Blade - [​IMG] (2)
    Soap - Arko
    Brush - Jayaruh #46
    Post - Alum

All good things must come to an end and that includes Arko Adjustable April. My final shave for the month. I did use Arko for all 30 shaves. I used the same Arko stick for 28 of those, and the Arko I have pressed in an Old Spice mug for the other two. I started with a new stick on April 1.

Tonight's finish was awesome. The Consul on 6, the Rapira blade and the JR46 for the perfect Arko lather. Two passes to a near-BBS and the alum was mostly quiet. Hard to beat a shave like that. When I squeezed the brush and got an entire handful of lather still leftover after finishing I noticed as I always do how good Arko lather really is. Slick, thick, peaky, just a perfect lather. Makes me wonder why I even have other soaps around, other than the variety of scents. And, yes, Arko can be a bit drying as well. Still, a fine product at an unbeatable price.

My picture shows the stick I used all month next to a brand new one. I'm thinking my guess of how many shaves @Bama Samurai will get from a stick of Arko was quite low.

Thanks to everyone for an absolute fantastic month! Record number of posts AGAIN with another hour or so to go. Looking forward to MAYhem!

[​IMG]

alfredus, mrchick, PLAla and 9 others like this.
  2. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Sunday

Gillette #77
    Prorso Green SC
    Manchurian Colonel
    DR Harris Marlborough AS

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

alfredus, RyX, Robyflexx and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.