SoS: July 9th, 2012 - July 15th, 2012

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jul 8, 2012.

1. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

July 14th

Face Wash: Nivea Moisture Wash
    Razor Merkur 38M
    First Pass: Astra SP (2) in a cheap Yuma Razor
    2nd and 3rd Pass: Astra SP (2) in a Weishi
    Brush: 18mm TGN Finest in a Baton handle
    Soap/Cream: Mama Bears - Night Train

This was my first, and last, time using one of those cheap Yuma razors. As I was finishing up the first pass, it would bite me just a bit. I rinsed it off, checked it out, and noticed the blade was slightly skewed. I tried to straighten it out, but was unsuccessful. Have amassed a dozen other razors, there's no need to fiddle with $2 gamble so I pulled the blade out and tossed the razor. I finished up with a Weishi TTO, also a first for me. It seemed like a pretty mild razor. I'll reserve final judgement until I get a full shave with it.

With news of Mama Bears impending, then not impending but with long-term viability a concern, I thought I should give my MB samples a final try and decide if I need to order some pucks. I've tried two other samples ended up disappointed. This time I used a well shaken brush and loaded the heck out of it. I think that was my problem before. I just need to load the brush a lot more with MB's than I do with other soaps I use. I had plenty of lather for 3+ passes. The cushion was fine, but the slickness was just ok. I'll go another 3 or 4 shaves with this sample before deciding for sure, but I doubt I'll be ordering any more. It's fine, but it's not good enough to make me want to add to my supplies.

Slipperyjoe likes this.